This month's galactic pets (now plus 5 more)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Amylee

Post by Amylee »

covet wrote:The Archan and the Montre look like they've just rolled off each other. The Montre just asked "Was it good for you, too?" while the Archan is about to light up a post coital cigarette.

Not a fan of anything but the Wyllop, here.
THAT brightened my day. Thank you <3
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Hm... I'll do a quickie here.

Demi is very pretty but a bit busy, Sayle's (edit) second version would be perfect. Whoever did him has managed to continue where old demi artist left very well.

Otter is lovely except for a uniform thick orange (?!) markings. Moon on the forehead gets brownie points.

Torrent is dieing for some shading, but is otherwise pretty. Adorable face.

Aenoid's head looks a bit deformed but the hand reaching out is a very cool touch.

Manchu has very nice thin line art but half grey, half midnight blue body doesn't have a great flow. Wings are looking great though.
Last edited by zebru on 07 Jul 2007 03:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Sayle wrote:EDIT:
AngharadTy wrote:I dunno, for me, it's not that there's "too many swirls," it's that the swirls are all tiny 1-2 pixel lines, crammed together so that it makes me squint to make out the details.
Heh, perhaps I should have gone with the larger swirls. :oops:
Yeah! I like the larger-swirl version the best, out of all of them.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Zebru-dear, I think Sayle DID draw the version that got release ^_~ She just did a few versions of it.

And damn, now that I've seen that, i ADORE that large swirl version! That's absolutely perfect *laments a bit*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I <i>adore</i> the larger swirl version. But that's all right, I don't have any way to fit it into my pet lineup. There are quite a few people who are fond of the hyperdetailed thing, it's just not for me. My eyes get enough strain as it is. *laughs* But oh, that demi has such sweet eyes. *pets it* So cute.
Image Image
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I like the intricate swirls on some galactic pets, and I like them on the demi. I love the gilded, ornamental look that they give. The larger swirls are pretty, too. I would've liked the simpler one or this one -- it's the pose that I love, especially its sweet paws. I just want to grab it and kiss its paws! Loverly.

The others. Hmm. Well, the otter is cute, as is the manchu if you like that sort of thing -- I appreciate that its glidey wings are emphasized in this redraw, and I look forward to seeing if they're turned to sheets of burney flame in reborn. The aenoid stinks of squandered potential. And the other one, whatever it was, clearly didn't make an impression either way because now I can't remember what it was and I don't feel like opening a new window to find out.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The Demi is not my kind of thing, but I suppose that the art is nice nonetheless. I usually like intricate markings, but they don't seem to be gilded on this pet like they are on, say, the Illumis (which in my opinion is still the undefeated Galactic pet champion).

The Torrent...me likey. Not liking it enough to get it, because I wish it was more stretched out (but alas, there's only 200 x 200 squares), but I like the markings on the translucent tail and the face. Wish it wasn't so curled up, though.

The Otter was really difficult for me to identify at first, probably because 1.) I'm sleepy and 2.) It really looked like a Canis with its ears ripped off at first until I noticed the tail (maybe it was how furry it was). I have the same problem with the markings as I do with the Demi: they are just not bright/shiny enough. They seemed painted on, and for a color that I wait a month for in agony, they better be etched on.

The Manchu, like the Demi, is not my cup of tea, but the art is nice, particularly the line-art, which appears to be slightly blurred, giving it a soft appearance. Which is good, considering it's furry. I like the exaggerated skin flaps, and the, bright, shiny, gilded markings. Though the head and torso do look somewhat detached from the rest of the body...

The Aeanoid is FAIL. Its head seems overly exaggerated due to the perspective, and it contains the bane of what is supposed to be a detailed pet: THICK LINES. The pose is also not very appealing to me, with the reaching out and what not, and the outstretched hand seems to be barely attached to the body. While the markings are gilded, they are very sparce, and make this already, frankly, ugly pet a plain one.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

jessibean wrote:Zebru-dear, I think Sayle DID draw the version that got release ^_~ She just did a few versions of it.
I must get some sleep. I can't even read (or deduct) properly. *edits*

I wish the second version was the one released (second as in less swirls but not larger swirls). I would be very tempted to get it. Still, a great job at all of them.
Last edited by zebru on 07 Jul 2007 08:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I absolutely love the otter, it's adorable and makes me almost want one, but I must resist, i especially love the little moon on it's forehead. I don't really care for the others
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hmm..I should really decide whether or not I like the Aeanoid before the day is over. Currently Japhar is a Lilac Aeanoid and I was planning on making him Galactic, Nuclear or Spectrum in the future, but I don't know if I like this Galactic version or not, the head looks too big, even though in comparison it looks about the same size as any other Aeanoid's head. I just feel like it is squashed into the box, as it's head makes it looks like it's in a little box, where it's too tall to fit in. That said, I do like the kind of "come here, I've got candy" look it's got going on. Hmm...

I am considering making my Galactic Tutani into a Torrent at the moment, but I quite like the Tutani as it is the original species that Shalilly was. I just like the pose on the Torrent.

Demi, Otter and Manchu aren't really my species. I like the Manchu and Demi though, the Otter's patterns look more orange than gold, so even if I did like it I wouldn't be getting one.
Luka

Post by Luka »

I change my mind. Galactic Terracoons and Otters are the best Galactics ever.
XD
neopets: Lukeina
subeta: Lukensz
Keshi

Post by Keshi »

Sorry bout the otter guys xD I didn't mean to make the gold so.. orange.
You learn from your mistakes :x
I am glad a lot of you guys like it though!
Circe

Post by Circe »

The more that I look at the lil otter the more I fall in love with it! Nice job Keshi, I didnt notice any difference in the gold. I hope this also means that the otter will perhaps get a revamp *especially the angelic, it looks like its holding itself* :shock:
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The otter and the wyllop are my favorites from this batch. I don't think the otter's markings look too orange, and I love the moon on its forehead! The wyllop is just arorable -- nice pose. The terracoon is very cute, too... a little pudgy and with a cute fluffy tail.

I'm not a fan of montres in general, and I really dislike the galactic. I don't like the smirk or the wink at all, and not because I think the species is "emo" (although they have always struck me as a bit melancholy), but because it just looks weird.
Keshi

Post by Keshi »

Circe wrote:The more that I look at the lil otter the more I fall in love with it! Nice job Keshi, I didnt notice any difference in the gold. I hope this also means that the otter will perhaps get a revamp *especially the angelic, it looks like its holding itself* :shock:
Thanks c:

and maybe XD i am not allowed to give out any information about new revamps and such so you guys are gonna have to wait and see c: