New Pet: Legeica

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I've never wanted a horse-ish pet before, but I got a legeica. :p Probably because it's part dragon.. Yay for Qilins.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Er, actually: How do you guys pronounce "Legeica"? I wonder if I'm doing it right. *grins*
Image Image
covet

Post by covet »

Oh my gosh, this is so pretty. SO pretty. It's also the perfect pet to match the name I'm waiting on, but arrrgh I have another month to wait before the frozen account it's on gets baleeted.

SO frustrating. I want a Legeica NOW, daddy!

I really do love this. I think it's sort of a shame they didn't scrap the awful Malticorn in favour of this, but that's okay. I love it to bits and pieces.
Last edited by covet on 16 Jul 2007 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Legeica - (leh-gey-sha)

According to Arbor. :o
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, that is... not a pronunciation I would ever have guessed. Heh. Thanks. (Though, now I'm thinking of French geisha.)
Image Image
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

klaatu99 wrote:My only complaint about this one is with the common and arid colors. Their manes, tails and fetlocks are so dark that you can't see any details, it's like they're just blobs of dark.
Agreed, especially the arid. It's almost solid black. It's way too contrasting, with the almost entirely white hide, IMO. And I don't especially like the snout, but I can't really complain.

Subeta finally gets a horse pet after I leave. Oh, the irony. xD
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Hm, I can see the red and black just fine.. Dark monitors maybe?
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

I don't think it's my moniter. It's always been pretty good about the light/dark thing. *shrugs* It's probably mostly because the body is white in those two particular colors, and so the contrast is much higher.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Oh wow. I actually really, really like this new pet.

...dagnabit.

I don't think I need any of the basic colours, but the redraws are more than likely going to kill me with the need to own them.

EDIT: I can see the black mane/tail/etc fine on my screen as well. S'quite lovely, actually. I think common and marsh are my favorites. Although sun is tempting, because of My Little Pony...and I like twilight too. I like a lot of the basic colours, ack.
Last edited by bonecrivain on 16 Jul 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, I also see the details on the dark manes just fine. But I bet I wouldn't be able to make it out on Derek's monitor; his is always too dark.

Also, re. the subject of a "horse pet"--horses are perissodactyls (odd number of toes) and these are artiodactyls (even number of toes). That makes them more like deer (or goats) than horses. Biologically, the even-odd distinction is very definitive. (There are exceptions to the rule, but they're on an individual basis, and rather like the panda's sixth finger.)
Image Image
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

I know if they were... well, real, they wouldn't be considered horses. But after going through some boards on Subeta, that's pretty much how they're being classified.

Not that I object, cause that's how I see them anyways. :P
Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

I must say, living creatures made out of crystal (celinox, legeica) is a trend that I like much better than random wings everywhere (anyu, tutani).

Other than that, I really adore this pet as a concept and in execution, but I'm not willing to spare my last pet space for any of the current colors. The only one I'm tempted by is cream.

And I tend to agree with everyone who has said that the dawn one reminds them of a My Little Pony.
Bless my whiskers. {Formerly Grey Cloud.}
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

EHEHEE. The Dawn and Lilac ones are Barbie-licious. XD

I don't have room for one, but they're lovely anyway. :D I think Arid's actually my favorite, but I love the white/black/pink color combo on pretty much anything.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Interesting; I've seen a number of people now say that they like the crystals. They seem more like scales to me, esp. if it's based on a kirin. Perhaps I'm being too realistic-minded, and I'm thinking of them as keratin, when actually they're both crystalline <i>and</i> scales?

I'm thinking too much today.
Image Image
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

They are scales. XD Not.. crystals. Though I guess they're whatever the people want them to be. They were just meant to be scaled.