Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
PennyLane

Re: Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

Post by PennyLane »

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/L ... 668345.jpg

I just leveled to 100 a few minutes ago =D I went from 97-100 in a few days lol. I forced myself to stay at himes, and trained with mg to make it go faster.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Eee, congrats on 100! I'm still in the 40s, haven't played in forever. Though I did play a bit yesterday, bought a costume and checked out the haunted house, where I got owned by the enemies >>
derp
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

In the unfortunate but ever increasing likelihood that I flee Subeta and it's dramatic unpleasantness, I've signed up for Maplestory. I have to have some form of online distraction.

Currently, I'm wandering around aimlessly killing snails. I don't really have a clue what I'm doing, but I take comfort in the fact that I didn't know what to do on Neo or Subeta at first either.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Yay, more convertees! What server did you start on?

Feel free to ask any questions here, I suspect that the collective of us know everything about the game :D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Whoot, welcome to the wonderful world of Maple Story! Where ribbons make pigs uber powerful (at least when you are new) and giant flying gorillas with skull armour attack you on boat rides.

What's your characters name? I'll look for you in game when I'm on next (if you are in Broa that is).

And yeah, if you have any questions about skill points, ability points, what's what, or need any help let us know :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I swear to god, if one more person asks to buy my maple shield on my bandit, I'm gonna snap and kill everyone with my stares.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I'm starting to get a little worried. Twice now I've had a email from Nexon sent to me and it looks like someome keeps using the retrieve password function.
The following is the verification process to recover your password for your account.

Click on [Log on using the changed password],

where you can use the temporary password provided to you through email,

then head over to Personal Info., where you can change the password to your preference.

Thank you

Nexon.net Staff

Your Temporary Password : *Deleted*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Make sure your email account has a new, very secure password. Does MS not have a thing where you have to answer a question to get that sent to you? (Though, if it does, change it, I suppose.)
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I just went there to go check what it asks you before sending out this email. You need to know my login name and my birthday as well. While I don't go around hiding my birthday I also don't go around telling everyone I meet. So someone must actively be stalking me in order to get both my username and birthday for my account, which is a kind of scary thought in and of iteself.

My email password is pretty secure, but I think I'll go change it now anyway.

Think I'll be changing my Nexon pw too while I'm at it. *Sigh*
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

(Sorry for the double post)

So I think most of you know Nick, my little brother. His account got hacked recently. The password was changed and he can't get in and the lost password isn't sending out an email to his account.
Now I'm rather worried about my account as well :|

I'm gonna help Nick later on tonight to see if he can get back into his account, lets hope for the best.

Edit:

And Nick has his account back, and I don't believe he was ever hacked in the first place. I was on earlier, and Nick is in my guild and I noticed that he was still ???'s meaning that he hadn't been on since the last server check. It would be really odd if he had been hacked that the hacker didn't get into his main char.

Turns out Nick's account is linked to my (now) main email and I didn't realize that. So all the password request messages I've been getting he had sent because he was trying to get into his account. I know Nick had changed his password, and I think he just forgot what he'd changed it to, thought he had the right one, and didn't realize it wasn't.

So Nick didn't get hacked and I'm not attempting to get hacked, so all is still good XD
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

Quite a relief to hear that no one is trying to haxxorz you. :D

I made friends with a big furry man earlier. His name is Jim. He lives in this cold cave in the middle of Victoria Island.

Then I insulted his mom and Jim threw fireballs at me and killed me. :(
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Oh good, very glad that's all sorted out.

I was hoping to be done with the costume by last night, but these things never work out the way I plan. All I have to do today is make the sash fit (somehow it turned out super long despite being cut using the mock up that fit fine as the pattern) hem it and put the trim on and I should be done. I'm out of time to make all the other things for the costume like the gloves, hat, and staff, so those will be left for another day.

EDIT: And at 5 flipping AM I'm finally done! Ran into some snags with the sizing of the sash and then running out of trim with 6 bloody inches to go. And then actually sewing on the trim was a pain cause I had to hand stitch half of it to get it around the curves and such. And then had to pull all the wire out of it. But it's finished! And I'm quite proud of the results.

Pics will come whenever I take them :P
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I'm on the US server, and I usually go to Broa since that's where I saw most people from here saying they go. That's what you're asking for, right? My character's name is Dreoni. I'm trying to make her into a thief. I'm level 10 and have 25 DEX, but I can't find the Dark Lord. How do I throw snail shells? It's one of my abilities, yes? Also, when do I get to customize my look? The beginning options were pretty limited. But I like the game - it reminds me of the games I played when I was a kid (Jill of the Jungle, Commander Keen type side scrolling arcade/adventure) and that makes me happy in spite of being kind of overwhelmed.

Edit: Found the Dark Lord, am now a rogue.
Last edited by Strawberry Limeade on 01 Nov 2007 05:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

*wanders in*
:shock: I haven't had time to play MS in ages! I'm hoping to play it on my new laptop, but I don't know if it'll let me log into my global account from a new european IP source. Dpes anyone know anything about this?
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

You should still be able to log in with it. My ip changes all the time, so if they'd ip banned any european ips I wouldn't have been able to get in for ages.