Bloodred Sheeta and Velosotor

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Chandi

Re: Bloodred Sheeta and Velosotor

Post by Chandi »

These are both awesome. I was surprised when they turned up in the news, and I'm glad it's made a lot of people happy. I know a lot were looking forward to the Sheeta revamp, in particular. Plus, it helped me turn a pretty penny on a Bloodred Potion I had lying around. *shameless* Thank you artists! :D
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Seeing as bloodred is one of my fav colours on the site, these are wonderful!

The more I see sheeta and their redraws the more I like them. This one is no exception. It's so much better then the old one. The blood is so yummy looking and the attitude is great. A great upgrade I say.

When the velosotor was revamped I loved it and was looking forward to the revamp of the bloodred. This is what I imagined the bloodred velosotor to be. A beast that just ripped through it's prey and ready to come at you. I love it! **eyes sparkle** I want one so bad but I have no room. T_T I'm very tempted to change my bloodred endeavor into this but I love the bloodred endeavor so much. So I think it's time to save up for extra pet spaces. And when I just got happy with all my pets as they were and didn't think I needed any more.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
checkers

Post by checkers »

I like the art of the Velosotor, but I don't like that it isn't like the others (and pre-revamped) It's kinda lost its elegance of the old one, and is becoming a baby Mortiking. D: Good art, it's awesome but it just isn't what Velosotor's should be.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

How have I actually lived my life so far without that Bloodred Velosotor? It's so incredible, in every way! I simply can't fault it. I think this is a sign that my Bloodred Kumos needs a change.

The Sheeta is very good too, I like it's expression and how it's leaping, I'd have liked a bit more blood, although i'm not sure where... :D
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

... *opens mouth to say something then closes it again*.....

That Velosotor? Is Bloody {no pun intended} Fantastic. It is a bit on the dark side but I think the fact that it has a gold eye {which stands out fantasticallly well} and has blood dripping from its mouth completely makes up for it {plus it doesn't hurt that I have an LCD monitor and I can still make out details in dark coloured pets like this}. The pose is so fluid and reeks of terrible dino revenge that makes the pet so awesome in my very humble opinion.

The Sheeta is gorgeous too, like the goat that gored it''s owner to death because it was so badly abused ^_^. This is how I imagined that creature to look just after it had done it actually {the pose not the actual pet itself ^_^;}. The eye nearest us does look a bit off, but overall the pet is a wonder revamp and will probably make a lot of Sheeta owners very happy indeed.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Dinosaurs...should not be elegant. They're dinosaurs, not ballerinas.

Dinosaurs are HUGE. HUGE lizards, and carnivorous HUGE lizard trying to rip your throat off. Which is why I love that revamp, the dinosaur looks destructive. Really.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Actually Iggy, if memory serves, some carnivorous dinosaurs like the Velociraptor rarely got bigger than turkeys, so not all dinos were as huge as the T-Rex. Sorry it's a nitpick of mines.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Iggy wrote:Dinosaurs...should not be elegant. They're dinosaurs, not ballerinas.

Dinosaurs are HUGE. HUGE lizards, and carnivorous HUGE lizard trying to rip your throat off. Which is why I love that revamp, the dinosaur looks destructive. Really.
I know Velosotor =/= Velociraptor but they should make the name so close if they didn't want comparisons.

A Velociraptor is not a huge dinosaur, they were about the same height as a fully grown man. Sure, they aren't elegant, but the Velosotor used to be.

As for my opinions on these pets. I like the head of the Velosotor, but the rest looks too dark and doesn't work for me. Being on one foot just make me want to push it over as well. I'd have liked it to be on both feet. I thought Bloodred pets were meant to have one Red eye and one Green, but looking at some others I've noticed they can have a Gold eye too.

The Sheeta is something I might get if I was a big fan of Bloodred pets because I like the pose and I like the face. It strikes me as too grey which I think is a bit hypocritical of me because I just said I didn't like the Velosotor for being too dark. This is one of the reasons I don't really like Bloodred pets, they are usually too light or too dark for me.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Iggy wrote:Dinosaurs...should not be elegant. They're dinosaurs, not ballerinas.

Yeah, Dinosaurs aren't but VELOSOTORS are were They're not supposed to be based off other real life things, the old Velosotor had a certain grace and elegance to it, this one doesn't that's what I am saying, the art would've been great, had it been for the Mortiking BR Revamp. Velociraptor's are not elegant but they had a slimmer shape, the matter is that Velosotor used to have a kind, sweet elegant look which would've worked well on a pet because 'Dinosaurs' are not really welcoming, you have Mortiking for nasty dino and Velo for nice, isn't that what's said about the Dragon species on the site? Some have wings, some have whiskers etc; so that you have a choice rather than two bulky dino's unlike berfore.
Image--->ImageImage
Both released recently, and both look completely different, the Galactic kept the old velo's posture and personality.
adi_gallia wrote:As for my opinions on these pets. I like the head of the Velosotor, but the rest looks too dark and doesn't work for me. Being on one foot just make me want to push it over as well. I'd have liked it to be on both feet.
I think it is supposed to look like it is charging, hence the blood slapping off the face.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Velociraptor's are not elegant but they had a slimmer shape
Key word: Had. The Velosotor revamp made it more of a T-rex. The Spectrum one is old and is probably going to get revamped.

...anyways, the BR Velosotor reminds me of the Sheegoths in Metroid Prime when they'd start stomping the ground to knock you off the higher ground. They'd put one of their two feet up high in the air and smash the ground with it, knocking you every which way. Epic win.
Last edited by Silverevilchao on 13 Jan 2008 06:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Generally speaking, I think the Velosotor is "the elegant one" out of the Mortiking and the Velosotor. But, Bloodred is not an elegant colour, therefore, no matter how elegant the species is, Bloodred should not be elegant. I think the level of elegance depends entirely on the colour. Galactic = dreamily floating through space, yeah, I'd say that's elegant. Bloodred = just ripped someones face off, not very elegant.
iceburgundy

Post by iceburgundy »

Wow, these are fantastic. After the minor letdown of the Graveyard Sheeta, the Bloodred one is beautiful. I definitely know what my GY Sheeta's new color is going to be now. Too bad that seems to be a goal pet for so many others now, I'm going to have to start saving up like there's no tomorrow after my long lazy streak.

But the Velosotor surprised me even more. I often forget that the species exists, which is rather sad as I'm a big dinosaur fan. This one is fantastic though, the pose is amazing, the blood, everything. I can't even think of anything else to say about it other than that it's pure awesome.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Iceburgundy, try finding a Bloodred Sheeta Elixir seller. They usually go between 2 and 2.5 millions, even after the revamp.
Bloodred = just ripped someones face off, not very elegant.
You win at life.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Both ratings cleared - Sheeta was 2.24 and Velosotor 1.94.