Possible Feli Revamp - Now official revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Possible Feli Revamp

Post by Seerow »

What I find really odd is how Jag (or the artist team, not sure how made this final decision) flat out refuses to touch up the original revamp from 2ish years ago. That one is adorable and its been brought up numerous times in each of the recent Feli revamps threads, asking it to be released. It does need some tweaking sure as it is old, but if its still liked 2 years later that should send a flashing sign to the artist that it was for the most part well liked even know and definitely won the original poll.
Last edited by Seerow on 28 Jun 2008 03:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I dslike thé original Feli pose, and hated the original revamp. It looks like my cat, scrubbing its butt on my carpet, and trying to look like it didn't stain it.

But, I haven't been a fan of any of the revamps. This one looks somehow...blurry. PiranhaPettingZoo made an AWESOME redline in the news comments, and I really wish they'd follow her suggestions, though
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Oh, wow. o.o;

These revamps just keep getting worse. I think this one's horrid. The huge neck fluff looks more like a feather boa than fur. And the wing looks really awkward. I think the other wing should be visable, too. It's left ear would have looked better if it were placed differently, too. Eh.

And they keep getting more and more feminine, too. It's really annoying that they can't seem to draw a gender-neutral feli. I wouldn't mind if they took a few liberities with the design. :\
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

The Feli is a cat with wings. Surely the artists shouldn't be having this much trouble drawing a cat with wings?
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

The big, tall head, angular eyelid shapes, and sharply lined nose-stop all make the head look REALLY weird to me. And though it's not "OMG sex kitten" anymore in the pose (I still think it was the smooth, humanoid legs and the chest fluff of the previous one that did it), the new chest fluff is awfully heavy both in shape and lineart, and I don't know why the artists insist that the fluff has to be two big separated rounded masses...and then cry foul because people say they look like boobies.

It makes me glad I'm not a Feli fan. I'm also losing interest in the site overall because - oh there it goes unusable again. At least it means I won't be that much more strain on the servers. :(

Eh.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Does anyone have a picture of the proposed revamp of two (?) years ago? I would love to see it for comparison. For the record I voted for the old Feli. Again.
Enigma on Subeta... how creative!
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Here you go, Enigma. All of the Feli.

ImageImageImageImage
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

If the "sex kitten" one was lying down like the latest one instead of being all sprawled out, or if the sitting one was sitting like a normal cat, then I'd really like either of those -- I think the eyes, the general expression and the shading on the "sex kitten" one are especially nice. The newest one's head bothers me; it just doesn't look as round as it should (I agree that the whole pet looks a bit stretched vertically). I prefer the head from the one before.

I also think that the ruff on the newest version looks more like a feather boa than cleavage. It doesn't bother me much, although it would be nicer toned down a bit. Overall, I think all of the proposed felis have been nice art... it's just that each has one feature that annoys me enough to overshadow all the good points.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I personally like the ruff on the butt scooting one the most, before it got feathered and too 'realistic'. I think it looks really cute with it's cartoony fluff versus a realistic approach, which looks dumb on an otherwise very cartoony animal. Actually, the butt-scooty one is my favorite, except that it's wiping its ass on the carpet. I don't know why they couldn't just change it to be sitting like a normal cat instead of like it has worms.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Argh, I don't know why my scanner isn't connecting with my computer. I did a really rough sketch of what I think a Feli would look good as a starting set of rough lineart. It's a normal cat-sit with a front paw up like it's ready to lightly bat something. The head is rounder with cheek fluff closer in shape to Feli #1. The eyes aren't so obviously tall ovals but rather circular. The chest fluff is somewhere between Felis #2 and #4, but no dividing line down the middle.

But it still sucks because it was a 15 minute scratch-up in pen, and the most artsy I've felt in a long time has been woodworking. :P Besides, my style is certainly nowhere near Subeta stylization.
Cojiro_Cucco

Post by Cojiro_Cucco »

I think if they take the butt-scooting one and change the pose to the darkmatter one, we'd have a perfect feli.
ImageImageImageImage
Catsimkittycat

Post by Catsimkittycat »

At least the butt-scooting one doesnt need a bra. Seriously, they need to tone down the major Chest fur that that have decided to put on almost all the feli revamps. The shading is rather awkward but its cute. :)

Liking the the middle feli revamp that is posted here. :) The sexy postion gives the feli some personality, And plus it has controlled chest. :D Though the line in the middle of its chest is strange. 8)

But the most recent one is a total failure. This one is in need a bra. :( Total disater, I like the original one more then this. Its eyes are WAY too huge, I mean I guess they are suppose to be hugish, but not that huge. :)
Zekumi

Post by Zekumi »

Looking at the newest revamp, I'd be absolutely ecstatic if they used the 'sex kitten' one instead.
I don't care if it's a little bit... pinup girl. I like it.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I"m not impressed with the newest feli either. It's not really a step up from the last one they did, more like a step down. I find the head looks to big and the ears look odd on it's head. I can't really pin point how but they just don't look right. It's chest fluff is just wrong too. It has way to much of it. I never seen a short hair cat with lots of chest fluff. I do like the post a lot better. It's much better then the sex kitty post. a lot more natural looking.
So far my favorite of the redos is the butt skooting one. I wish they would take that one, tweek it and I think they be good.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
Recent revamp -> Official final version

I still would have loved if the 1st original revamp had gone through as I like it much better then this one's design, but Jag did do a good job fixing up the things we complained about. The chest fur actually looks really nice now and I don't see how anyone can mistake it for either a feather boa or boobs. I like this ones head shape a lot more, though I still would have liked to seen the eyes shrunk.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.