Chibi Ontra revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Nectaris

Re: Chibi Ontra revamp

Post by Nectaris »

Rah wrote:
Which kanises need revamping, would you say?

And nice observation :) Keshi is really fast at drawing her pets (Keeto and Ontra are both hers, and the Chelon is nearly done too, I think?)

Hydrus and angelic have already been mentioned, but I think that graveyard could use a touch-up as well.
Image Image Image Image Image
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

I'm another person who finds the eyes creepy. They look like old eyes, which is odd when it is a chibi pet. And I don't really like the tongue poking out. I know it's meant to be playful but it looks more like a kid playing up his/her cuteness. Definitely not my favourite chibi.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Foghawk wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't mind fur-boob (as long as it's not hugely exaggerated like that one Feli)?
No. :P I didn't even notice it on this Ontra until everyone else pointed it out. I guess I rationalised that the "fur-boobs" are the result of the Ontra's raised shoulders pushing its chest fur together.

(Actually, I think I barely noticed the Feli until reading comments on it, so I may mind even less than you do.)
Keshi~

Post by Keshi~ »

Everyone seems to point out these "fur boobs"
Seriously, I always draw my fur like this, If I drew the clumps nice and round then that would be a different story.

On another note, when I first began to revamp the old otter, Keith requested that the chibi was cleaning it faces like real otters to
Well he said it more like "When this goes through you have to make a new chibi otter. DOING THAT ADORABLE THING THEY DO WHEN THEY CLEAN THEIR FACES.."

So that explains the facial expression.

I doubt the I will revamp the galactic, it's only a year old. So that means I have drawn all the ontras which is really sad for me :c
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't think it looks like it's cleaning its face, so much as pressing its cheeks together and going "NYAH!" or something similar. Which is still a cute pose :3 Just not.. cleaning-like.

On a related note, who did the galactic ontra? Was it you, Keshi? Geez, that feels so long ago now xD
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The eyes are too big and creepy. They're pretty much what I'd expect from a Neopets baby pet. And if you take away the freakish huge eyes, it doesn't look proportionally much different than the regular ontra. There's only a handful of chibi's I like anyway, so...eh.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Oh, I didn't get that it was cleaning its face... like Jessi, I thought it was squishing its cheeks together and making a silly mischievous face (which would explain the "wink" and the tongue sticking out). The lineart and shading are nice, but the oblong head and the huge tall eye freak me out. I really like some of the ontras (angelic, spectrum, bloodred and glacier are all especially lovely), but this one isn't doing it for me.

Post by 23639377 »

... What happened to his eyes?
Also I'd prefer a rounder face.
(Forum set is under construction)
Keshi~

Post by Keshi~ »

The Galactic was the first pet I ever drew for Subeta

;3; I can't believe it's already been over a year
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Rah wrote: Gosh I hate doing hydrus pets. ac
You and the entire CD, bebs.

BAWWW, KESHI. Way to complete a species in amazing time. Teach me to be as productive as you are.

I think this guy is super adorable. *_* I like the colours, and it's toes have the chibi hikei factor cute, too. (Even though I had to go hunting down Keshi's DA to see, since subeta is bork'd at the moment.)

edited for superbad grammar. XD'
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Awww wookit its widdle face and its widdle toes and widdle squishy cheeks! Whoosa good boy YESH YOO ARE

...That... is the only thing that really comes to my mind upon looking at this pet, and considering it's a Chibi, that's probably a good thing. XD I'm actually kind of tempted to get one...