Shields!

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
sezrin

Shields!

Post by sezrin »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorry if this has been mentioned anywhere else. Just looked at my profile for the first time in ages, and TNT had finally updated my out of date 6 year shield. Roll on next month a d having the rather strange elephante... :mrgreen:
varii

Re: Shields!

Post by varii »

Ugh. It figures that I am right on time for the ugly 8 1/2 year shield. Yeah, these are lazy, whatever. At least we finally have them. Maybe soon we'll have some fancy way to customize them ourselves, and in the mean time we can always cover them ourselves with our own art.
rei @ neopets
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Eh, they're not any more lazy than any other shield. A shield's always just been a random piece of Neopets art with a picture on it :P

I was shocked to discover the 7 1/2 year shield on my side account, Zusa, which was actually my first Neopets account and turned into a side ages ago. I felt like I hadn't gotten my 6th year shield that long ago xD I feel old.
varii

Post by varii »

Jessibean wrote:Eh, they're not any more lazy than any other shield. A shield's always just been a random piece of Neopets art with a picture on it :P
True. I suppose I was just prearguing a lot of what I've been reading on the neoboards. I suppose after waiting so long and only getting 7 new shields people expected some pizazz. Also people seem rankled to the fact that we only get new ones every six months instead of once a month. I think they are all rather nice, minus the elephante.
rei @ neopets
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Count me as one of the annoyed people that want shields every month, instead of every 6. Honestly, how hard can it be to come up with designs, its not like they are all wondrous works of art or anything that require much time to create.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I always thought they were promising something new and exciting with shields, and that's why they've taken so long on this. Instead, they've done as little work as possible for something that takes minutes, at most. Copying and pasting images is easy.
Subeta: Thomas
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Tom, they said in the last editorial (or maybe one before that) that they were making temporary shields because the 'new and exciting' thing was taking longer than expected. Of course.

Whether or not we'll ever get this 'new and exciting' thing, who knows? But there was actually a reason for these.

I think it'd be nice if they just made new shields for every month too, however >> Obviously these took all of ten seconds. Make more.