New Feature: Achievements

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Iggy

Re: New Feature: Achievements

Post by Iggy »

Darkheart wasn't supposed to be there because of the achievements.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I can't say I'm feeling this new system...

I just don't see what motivation there is for completing them really. I like collecting avatars, I don't particularly care for these. Avatars are pretty, these seem pointless apart from the bragging factor. I guess you could say people do that with avatars but that's not why I'd collect them.

Bur, y'know, I'm kinda complaining for the sake of it because I didn't pay attention to the whole system until it was retiring, so I'll ignore this one too.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yeah, I agree Adi. While I'm still collecting them and trying to get the feasible ones (1 pet? What the hell!), there isn't any sense of achievements with these. With the old ones, you at least got a pretty avatar that was displayed on the forums. Here we just get a glitched section to add to our profiles, which not many people look at anyway.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well, in WoW, everyone in your guild or your immediate vicinity knows when you complete a goal. There's a little message that pops up along with a nice chime and therefore you get instant gratification. You also get titles and unique items for completing a certain group of achievements. While I don't think titles would matter at all on Subeta, more prizes couldn't hurt.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm mostly annoyed because I just realized the Halloeve achievement image was fixed a few days ago and only got to use it for about 2 days before it was changed. (Though I'm suddenly grateful that the name of the minion wasn't changed to Moroseve. Please, please don't change it.)

And I'm also annoyed that I didn't stock up more on wrapping paper for the gifts I was already planning to send, since paper is hard to get now with everyone trying to get that 50-gifts achievement.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I know it's under the Seasonal avhievements list, but couldn't the 50-gift achievement be achieved at any time since you can send gifts out year-round?
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

So there's lots of acheivments for the trading card collection and plushie collection but nothing for my hundreds of beabags?

Discrimination!

At least that's what I'd say if I cared about this. On a slightly separate note - Keith quote from the news comment page confused me a bit
We just had to push this out a bit earlier than I expected.
Umm, had to push some trivial thing out before its fully completed (as in achievments were still being added for the next 12 hours after it came out and what's with only 1 achievement giving a prize?)? I just don't get why it had to be rushed - espeically as users were rushing to get the old style ones before they retired.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yes, I could have really done with even an extra day to try to get the #84 avatar. I think it just offends me so personally because I have an #84, I love my #84, it's the #84 that brought me to Subeta in the first place, I want the damn avatar for him.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The reason why it was rushed is 100% technical and hard for me to explain,m but it has happened when I was on IRC (for once!) Not telling much more, but it's a mistake that was done. Shit happens ;)

As for more prizes, we'll wait and see after the winter holidays. There is no rush, it will not run away ;)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

sezrin wrote:At least that's what I'd say if I cared about this. On a slightly separate note - Keith quote from the news comment page confused me a bit
We just had to push this out a bit earlier than I expected.
I wasn't on at the time, but apparently someone accidentally released the script for the new system early, so people were getting the achievements and stuff. That's why it was pushed out a little ahead of schedule. Keith posted about it a little on this page here.

Edit: Lol, Tche beat me too it. That's what I get for posting while watching Ghost Whisperer :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

so for no apparent reason that I can think of...I want the snowball one. Who here doesn't mind being hot by a snowball? I am more than happy to let my HA take a few hits to help NCers out.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I'm willing to take a few snowballs to help NCers get that achievement, so pummel away.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Thanks Klaatu!! I picked the nicest snowball I owned so it maybe wouldn't hurt so much. :)
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Subeta's down right now, but 10 minutes ago I was finally able to get the [first] Wizard Quest achievement. Looks like it's been fixed. :)

ETA: And I'm still willing to take snowballs for people looking to grab the achievement.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I'm still waiting for what kind of achievements they'll have under 'wardrobe'. I guess it'd be something like, "have x items in __ layer"? ::shrug::
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}