Robot and Grey Elephantes

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Robot and Grey Elephantes

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Not bad, especially for post-customization. :)
Iggy

Re: Robot and Grey Elephantes

Post by Iggy »

After the disappointement of the Robot Xweetok, I'm so glad of seeing that basic, yet awesome Elephante. The wings are especially awesome! Do like!
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

They look like the Mechanical Wings from the NC Mall:

Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

That Robo Elephante looks like it could lay some serious robot-y smackdown. It looks tough & yet shiny. I like it.

Grey has been reduced to a colourfill, so not much to say on that.

I want to see the Robot one without the casings!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I wonder if Elephantes have something nifty they can hold in their fists, because if they do, I might need to zap for that. Love. I'm especially fond of its lower leg structure - so very heavy and powerful looking, as befits a mighty robot.

Grey is post-customization grey, so it's never going to be what it once was. I do like the color they used for its nails. I wish they'd used a different color for its wings, but who knows what sort of color palette a bored Viacom exec has bound them to these days.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Robot is muy cool. Much better than that awful xweetok. Grey isn't really Working for me, though. It's too mocha rose colored, and the gold/red headpiece is really out of place.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Robot is awesome. No two ways about it. ^^ I like the wings and the tail the best, though I'm trying to figure out the purpose of that orange spot on it's trunk o.O I just kind of looks randomly placed there.

Grey is grey. The deep red is kind of an odd combination to put with it, especially for the nails. I think this would have been a much better pet pre-customization. <.<
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

The robot is very well done. I love the colors and the whole metallic thing it's got going. I'd love to see what's under the hood.

How sad it is to see the phrase "grey is grey," but nowadays it's all too true. It's dull and frowning. It looks very flat and uninteresting. It's hard to even make my eyes look at it.
kerise1

Post by kerise1 »

Here's robot without casing =) Looks pretty cool.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think the Grey isn't so bad considering what they can do with it now. I kinda like the red colour they use but it looks better on the Chomby as this looks like it has dirty nails. It's missing it's hat too which you'd assume they'd remember since Robot is a 'clothes' colour too. Maybe it'll have a hat if you zap or paint one.

Robot is nice and shiny, everyone's pretty much summed up what's good about it.

My favourite thing about Elephante day is the gypsy outfit:

My old royal girl Elephante had a gypsy personality and hopefully this outfit doesn't end up being too expensive as it could be the cheaper alternative to recreating her. It'll have to be something other than yellow though as this clashes a little.
kerise1

Post by kerise1 »

Brown or camo should go pretty well with that gypsy outfit.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I prefer the Robot without its casing! Very colourful and Elephante-like in personality. Grey is eh, but then even before customisation I never really 'got' Grey - why would you want to make your pet look sad?

Ah well - Elephante Day has been OK - not as good as Aisha or Buzz Day though.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Adi, I thought of you the second I saw the Gypsy outfit! I had a feeling you'd love it :D
varii

Post by varii »

When I first saw the Robot elephante, I wasn't sure I liked it, but now it has definitely grown on me. At first, its complete lack of personality bothered me, but now that's the best trait I think. I really like the colours they used, definitely not the typical robot scheme. The only think that bothers me about that though is that they don't follow through with different colour schemes with the petpets. I like its mouth, its eyes, its ears...pretty much everything about it is solidly presented. If only it didn't have that damn fist... It makes every pet pose seem more card board like and less realistic to me. :/ I hope the Robot elephante looks nice in hats :)

And yeah, 2 years ago, grey would have been the exciting colour of the day. Not so much anymore. I don't like how the tail and wings are different colours. Grey pets no longer look sad to me, on a whole they just look very hung over.
rei @ neopets
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Jessibean wrote:Adi, I thought of you the second I saw the Gypsy outfit! I had a feeling you'd love it :D
Heh, I do. Something about the one in the NC Mall doesn't work for me but this does. I just hope the items are released properly soon so I can see what rarity they are and if it's worth going for. :P