Angelic Lasirus and Chelon

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Re: Angelic Lasirus and Chelon

Post by Alecko »

The Chelon is simple but it works; the fin-wings are a lovely touch and look nice and soft. The colours of the pet are pretty and look good together. The loose feathers look a little random, seeing as they don't really imply motion as they do on something like the Lain. The wing on the left also looks a little small and the feathers on both front wings are curved at quite an angle. Looks to me like it's still going to be swimming as opposed to flying.

Don't like the Lasirus. The pose just looks awkward and the wings position looks odd, especially the one at the back. The ruff also doesn't seem to fit in the with the rest of the pet; it's outlined a bit too much. I do like the expression on the face, though.
Ayasha
Human Avatar: 352052

Post by Ayasha »

I'm not too sure how I feel about these two. They have a soft, simplistic feel to them and their concepts seem great, but something about the actual execution seems off. I like the pose and palettes used (the pastel purples and blues are a very nice combination) and the expressions are lovely. The dual-halos on the Lasirus is a cute idea and the fin-wings on the Chelon are interesting (plus, so very cuddly-looking).

But something still feels almost awkward about them...
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

There's almost no contrast on the lasirus. The shading looks like it's maybe half a shade lighter or darker and give the pet almost no depth. The face looks really awkward, the right wing looks really weird, considering the alignment of the back, the wing shouldn't stretch like that or at least show some of the arm. Not the most successful Lasirus IMHO.

I think I figured out what's wrong with the face. If it's profile, the eye wouldn't be full like that unless the Lasirus has eyes on the sides of the head and not the front. But we know for a fact the eyes face forward, being based off a bat.

I honestly cannot decipher the way the arm would be connected to the back so I couldn't try, and I'm by no means a good artist so forgive me, I'm just thinking the snout is too small compared to other Lasirus
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Sarivonne wrote: I honestly cannot decipher the way the arm would be connected to the back so I couldn't try, and I'm by no means a good artist so forgive me, I'm just thinking the snout is too small compared to other Lasirus
"You don't have to be a chef to know when food tastes like crap." :)

I'm not a fan of either of these, but I don't like chelons and lasirus(es?) anyway. I agree with most of what's already been said. I'm having a REALLY hard time figuring out what's going on with the lasirus' feet. And I think the chelon would have looked better if all four fins were the same size. I like the back ones, but the arm-wing-things look really awkward.
.:werewolf:.

Post by .:werewolf:. »

I love the feathery things on the lasirus's wings but its left foot is all tiny and deformed under that wing, it sort of cuts off behind its tail.. strange. :shock:
ps: this message contains a virus that is now in your computer, it will explode in about 10 minutes. To save your computer, please dance around your room like a chicken. :)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Huggles wrote:I hate the chelon. It's just so absolutely wrong. Yes, I know that that's where they should go, logistically speaking in a fantasy world, but it's doesn't work at all for me.

THANK YOU! I was hoping someone pointed that out. It makes about as much sense as the Faerie koi. (I concede that flying fish do exist, but still.)

I was clicking on the link anticipating that they were going to do something much more creative with the chelon other than pasting wings on it. Obviously there are plenty of faerie/angelic pets that don't fly, but it just makes no sense because it's not convincing in the slightest.

The Lasirus I actually like. I'm now seeing this "unfinished" thing everyone's talking about, and it's in the spine or back pattern. But that doesn't take away from how I like the way it looks anyway. Never cared for the species, but I like this one.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy