Love Epidemic

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
sezrin

Re: Love Epidemic

Post by sezrin »

adi_gallia wrote:There appears to be an achievement for surviving to stage 7 without geting infected, oops.
Indeed there is. Woot for hardly being online!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Iggy bit me so now I have a different disease. But I'm still stage 4! Boo. Buuuuuut I like stage 7 of this one, so maybe I'll keep it.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I can't bite anymore, since I was bitten by someone.

:(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Does it reduce your own disease to get bitten, maybe?

Both the footburn/rash and the love bite/virus turn into zombies! The virus actually has a skull showing! I think I might camp out on those "bite me" threads on Subeta. =)

edit--oh whoa, the chest/heart one is fantastic, too. I love how creepy these are getting! ...except for the love-leopard/hearts one, that one's kind of sweet. I dunno *which* of the other three I want! Maybe I'll just stick with what Iggy gave me. I like the eyes. But then... only stage 4! so impatient!

...I want allllll of these to wear at will. ;_;
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

The healer doesn't seem to say what stage I'm at, just show me a picture of me without clothes?

Comparing it to a thread on the forums, I guess I'm still at stage 5, which would explain the lack of biting ability.

At least I appear to have the least gross of all the viruses. Please, no one bite me!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, you determine stage based on the forum topic.

(Theoretically, wearing the shrunken heads helps keep people from biting you. Hopefully it's a better theory than the MC cures!)
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I would also like to request that no one bite me because I am an achievement fiend. :P Also, I actually like what I have.

ETA: Ugh. Looks like the biting achievement has tiers; it goes up to "infect 50 people."
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 09 Feb 2009 06:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I don't want to get bitten, either. I put the shrunken head on... hopefully that will help. I'm at stage six of the gaping chest wound one. Should go to stage seven soon and turn me all silvery-grey!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

50 people, eh? 50 people who might well be irked that they lost the awesome effect they liked and got a lower rank of another effect they don't care for as much.

It wouldn't be so bad if the shrunken heads had a 100% success rate, but apparently, they don't.

edit--New news says that biting is only on the Love Epidemic board. That's a plus! Although if you posted there previously, I guess you're still screwed. ;)
Image Image
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

"Who, me? I'm just taking my dog for a walk. What are you doing out here?"

I really like this event! It's fun seeing people with all different stages of the diseases running around.

Edit: Argh, some ass with the hearts one bit me, so I lost my silvery skin. :( (Someone else gave me a better disease, though!)
Last edited by Cranberry on 09 Feb 2009 08:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Bummer Cranberry. You're HA looked so cool too. And that's why I'm staying away from the Love Epidemic board. I don't want some person trying to get the achievement biting me and getting rid of my chest bursting disease. I'm so excited about reaching stage 7. **pokes HA** Come on, get past stage 3 already. I also like what the love bite does at stage 7. My wife has the love bite and she's not as enthused with it. XD I'm also loving this event. It's so neat to see how people plan their HAs around the disease.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

...Whoops, I think I misunderstood that achievement. I thought you had to make it to stage 7 with an RE disease without getting infected by someone else, not that you had to avoid infection entirely. >_> Guess there's no point in me making it to the final stage.

And that really reeks, Cranberry. :( If someone else doesn't beat me to it I'll bite you when I hit stage 6. Nevermind; looks like you got it. :)
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 09 Feb 2009 08:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I think that if you get bitten by someone with a different disease, it should give you the new disease, but keep you at the same stage that you were before. It sucks to get knocked back to level four when you were a level seven! It's going to take long enough to get the 50 bites achievement (and is there a 100 one after that?) without getting knocked back. I noticed that it's already harder to get bitten now, since all the people in advanced stages are losing their disease.

(I also think that the shrunken head item should cost more and actually work 100% of the time, heh. I'd gladly pay a mil or two to keep from getting bitten.)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Arg why does it take so long for the disease to advance X_X I want to bite people and work on the achievements, but I'm worried biting won't last long enough. Or there won't be anyone left not wearing a Shrunken Head necklace to actually bite heh.

The 7th stage of the diseases are great! I'm actually really glad I have my "Love Bite" one. I didn't like it at first since it was boring in the early layers, but from stage 5 onwards its one of my favorites :D *Wears necklace and hopes no one bites me*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't want to wear a necklace cause it'll clash with my outfit. I think my only posts in the love epidemic forum are buried, though.

It's a little lame that the diseases all backtrack when people get bitten. I'm hoping I get to at least bite one person, and that I get to see level 7 (plus?) for my HA. Pretty zombieness and I can't have it yet! Or ever, if I'm unlucky!

really really really want them wearable. *wibbles*
Image Image