Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by mellaka »

It took me about 8-10 tries but I did manage to get 1020 on the game ... and got the red "your score could not be processed" message. Checked my inventory and it indeed did not go through despite people telling me that everyone is getting that message.

But the next try resulted in 1090 and it did send, yay. (And I did get the correct message saying to check my inventory, etc., etc.) I don't hate the game too much, but don't see myself playing it by choice ever again.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Just made it with 1040. I think I now have RSI in my right wrist. Fun little game, and odd this one is so fast whereas the other game didn't even run on the same computer. I found 'Let it Slide' in the games room and had a play of that afterwards - it is very similar isn't it?!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

According to Jellyneo and a recent email sent out, the Gamemaster Challenge will be starting up again on November 24th.
Since it's doubtful that Neo will have two events going on at the same time, I guess this means that this "plot" will be ending soonish? If so, why did Neo even waste their time and produce this in the first place 0_o
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
varii

Post by varii »

I hate Let it Slide. I have been playing and playing and my highest is 940. I think I am starting to get wrinkles from the frustrated faces I make while playing.
rei @ neopets
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

...I keep jumping through the moving platforms. The feet are above them, but noooooo...

Haven't even beaten level one. -_-

{eta} Got over 1000! ...and it tells me to log in. What. The. Fuck.
{eta2} Finally. Don't know why I'm so determined to do this "plot".
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

Seerow wrote:According to Jellyneo and a recent email sent out, the Gamemaster Challenge will be starting up again on November 24th.
Since it's doubtful that Neo will have two events going on at the same time, I guess this means that this "plot" will be ending soonish? If so, why did Neo even waste their time and produce this in the first place 0_o
The most recent Sloth plot ran through Daily Dare. TNT is a group of adults that are more than capable of multi-tasking: there's nothing to say there can't be (gasp!) two site events running side by side.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Since the Atlas of the Ancients tickets stop going on sale in the NC Mall on the 1st of December, it's likely that the "plot" will be ending close to that date.
Unless there will be a second part to the plot that doesn't involve NC challenges. But that doesn't seem very likely :(
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

You know what? I give up.

I've never NOT participated in a plot step before, but I'm having too much trouble with these games -- I can't get the necessary score in either of them and I'm too busy with RL (and with the other computer games, hee) to frustrate myself trying, especially since the first game won't even run on my laptop.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I was only doing this for a trophy but Im going to give up now cos of the games. XD
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I hate both Cloud Raiders and the Clara-y Let It Slide. I don't care, I just can't be bothered to do the game steps anymore! I bet they'll end this on 1st December when the Advent Calendar opens up again. Poor show TNT.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Maybe this is where the magma pb comes in, considering the volcano theyre just about to jump it to

Like..you push your neopet into burning lava and are awarded a brand new magma'ed pet.
Image Image
ImageImage
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Hm, could be Nyau. Haven't made the connection till you mentioned it. Also, those MME3 from NC Mall will likely start morphing tomorrow (I think all MMEs so far started morphing day few hours after they couldn't be bought from Mall anymore) and according to jellyneo spoilers (http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=mmexperiments) all subsequent morphs are magma themed.
I wonder whether it will be a new colour released, or all neopets will be magnetized for the duration of the plot and then go back to their original looks after it's done? Sort of like subeta HA diseases?

I'm just glad that random destinations they went to weren't so random after all *perks up*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

So, a brand new world...

http://www.neopets.com/magma/

STEAMPUNK

..or is it LAVAPUNK?
Image Image
ImageImage
kerise1

Post by kerise1 »

It looks gorgeous ^^
Hope Magma pets get released soon!
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Ugh, doesn't TNT beta test their games? This new one is just as horrible as all the other recently released ones and I'm not sure I'll be able to get the 2.5k score needed.
Is there an option to lower the graphics? The game is incredibly laggy and the controls are just plain horrendous and jerky. It's basically vertical Volcano Run, I shouldn't be having this many issues!

The new map is pretty, but I can't find my cogs for the life of me :( I don't really have much more to say then that really. I've never been into steampunk really.