New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Kamil »

The Faeries' Ruin Help Section wrote:In past plots, a progress page that detailed your participation was released after the plot had ended. For The Faeries' Ruin, we'll be making that information available at the beginning, as soon as the activities have started, so that everyone can share their progress as they go along. We're calling it "Fearless Deeds" because that sounds heroic and stuff.
That's exciting, doubly so, since it seems they may have listened to user feedback asking for just that. I was kinda disappointed to see no new updates today, but they had to get the fall JJB map/items out today, so I'm sure that was a full plate of art and coding.

Late, but I'd like to add my praise to the art; the palette is breathtaking, and I have to hope for NC tie-in items, if only so I can have clothing and background/foreground items in those lovely shades of blues and purples.

And, god, yes, can we please have just one site event without flash game participation needed? Just the one? Battling would be a delightful thing to see, but I'd be more than satisfied with a good long puzzle plot. Someone on charter brought up a few ideas from the LDP, and apparently it's been long enough since Anubis Toxicology Reports that I was able to look it all over again and feel horribly nostalgic. =D

Yay for puzzle plots!
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Ooooh. The comic is not only pretty, but has me intrigued. I haven't been this curious about a Neopets plot since Tale of Woe. I'm definitely okay with battling, puzzles, and teamwork; I'm even okay with a little bit of gaming. I just hope the new plot doesn't rely too heavily on recent flash games, because those tend to make my browser cry.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

The longer I'm on Neopets the more I realize how lucky I was to be around and have time to participate fully in the LDP. They really outdid themselves with that one, up to and including the prizes.

Here's hoping this plot is even a quarter as good as that one. I'm trying hard not to be too hopeful though.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

New chapter is up! We don't know a lot more than we did, but this is looking like an intriguing setup.

The characters look distinctly interesting, and the back-and-forth banter between them feels right for this plot, rather than something forced in where it shouldn't be. I'm sorry to say it, but I think Roxton Colchester's been kicked to the kerb as far as I'm concerned...

There's also a game to play, and-- kudos muchness, TNT-- it's non-Flash. It's fairly simple (I beat it on my first try), but it does take some thinking. Perhaps we're in for-- whisper it-- a puzzle plot?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

So far as I can tell, to get all three achievements you go collect all of the items available the first time (I don't think you have to get the bonus items to advance, but since they give them to you, it's worthwhile), and then go back and do it again (the second time there are no bonus items to worry with).

I'm with RD, almost scared to hope this is a puzzle plot, but hoping nonetheless. *crosses all fingers and toes, and considers crossing the cat's paws*

Ow. Okay, so maybe the cat won't be helping. x.x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I made this sticky and unstuck the Atlas of the Ancient's thread. There's also a link to the comic in the first post. However, as I don't play Neopets, that's the extent of my moderative activities in this thread.I have to do something every couple months to keep my title.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Xandra's Library
You can move one space at a time, vertical, horizontal, diagonal. There are three achievements.
  • Pick up an Artefact (sic) (glowing in green)
  • Finish a game without picking up any bonus items (not glowing)
  • Finish a game after being in a square adjacent to Xandra (diagonal seems to be safest, she can't zap you)
Also, omg, such pretty art! ;_; I'm entranced by the rugs in the library.
Last edited by thelonetiel on 24 Sep 2010 03:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

I am crossing all available appendages that this will end up being a fun (and maybe even moderately challenging?! I have fond memories of sweating over the Tale of Woe chemistry puzzle) plot.

Plus, Xandra is my new favorite character on the site-- I can't dislike a grumpy librarian!
old world underground where are you now?
Rainbow Daydreamer

http://www.neopets.com/~ljtrffffffffhghhhhhh

^ Transcript for the Flash-impaired. Not a substitute for reading the comic, but I tried to make a good job of it.

While running that up, I was increasingly annoyed by Hanso's paws. Since when do Ixis have paws? Did someone not get the memo that they're hoofed mammals?
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Nabile has paws as well

It's logical, how could a thief be successful with hooves, again?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Pick up an Artefact (sic)
Not sic - valid UK spelling.

If anyone's having trouble with the Proximity Sensor achievement, get all the artefacts as normal and go to the carpet in front of the exit door, but don't go through it. Then, either stay on the spot, or keep moving backwards and forwards in front of it (diagonal tends to be safer if you've got a zap-happy Xandra) until Xandra ends up adjacent to you, then go through the door. Voila!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Jazzy wrote:Not sic - valid UK spelling.
Interesting Jazzy, I guess it is just one I've never come across before! Good to know.

And paws are just a natural development of the anthro character. Although, I do prefer when they are least have exaggerated fingernails to at least acknowledge the ancestor.

Post by 23639377 »

I find it quite easy. Whoop! Can't be bothered to get the books though.
(Forum set is under construction)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Has anything happened since then? I've just been away for a week and missed things.
Rainbow Daydreamer

New step is out. (Read the comic, then go to the Deserted Fairground.) And I have only one thing to say:

Puzzle plot. Oh yes. ;^-^;

I got a little bit heart-sinky when I saw a NC icon linked to the plot, but it turns out it's just a giveaway and nothing to do with the plot steps at all. Rejoice! And now, hi-ho, it's off to work I go. Unfortunately it's spatial logic, but let's see if process of elimination will work, shall we? :D