Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

@_@ Since everyone's getting in a debate about paintbrushes, I'll throw in my five cents.

Personally, I like the Halloween pets better when they were just... dressed up as random things. The Jubjub isn't the only pet even now that's just 'dressed up' - the Halloween Bruce, Peophin/Kobrat(..granted, they're old as hell), and well, my personal favorite Halloween pet:

Obviously just a red Shoyru in a costume. Personally, I think that's cute. I love the pets that look like other.. things too (like the uni as the Nightsteed - awesome.) but I think making the Jubjub just.. a punkin takes something away from it. I think its shell cracking and you seeing the real Jubjub underneath since it was just.. dressed up for Halloween makes it adorable.

Anyway, my thoughts.

I hate all starry pets, I really do, but at least the stars aren't obnoxiously placed like they tend to be with starry pets. It's tolerable.

And I strangely like the strawberry one. I like the dollop of green on its head. Cuuuuute. Maybe overkill with the seeds though. Of course, most of the food pets... just scare me.
Nacho_Diablo

Post by Nacho_Diablo »

How can anybody not love the angry pumpkin?

MUHAHAHAHA!

I think all of the poses should have had the red eyes.
I mean I like it a LOT.
I laid back, looked at the stars, and wondered where my roof went.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I really like the halloween jubjub, and I do preffer it as it just wearing the pumpkin suit and seeing what's underneath it (but to each they're own) :)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I don't think there's any problem with cute Halloween pets. The only thing that bothers me about the shoyru for example, is that they gave it fake horns. It already has a different tail, and it does come with a horn, and it just makes no sense to stick a hat on it instead.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Aren't all the halloween pets in costumes? The werelupe may be an exception but it could still be a costume too.

What I do like is when they repose the pet a bit, or make it a non standard colour - eg, the halloween shoyru isn't the exact same colour as the red one. But the idea of costumes is pretty cute I think ^^
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yes and no? I don't have any objection to costumes, I think they're great, there just needs to be some sort of color or anatomical change to the actual virtual flesh and blood pet. The only ones that are purely in costume and nothing else are: the bruce which is just a purple bruce, the jubjub which is just a red jubjub, the jetsame which may really be a vampire but is too crappy to tell, the korbat which is downright awful, the peophin which is just blue, and the usul perhaps but is again too crappy to really tell.

/Tangent
Float

Post by Float »

First off I don't think any color but black would have worked for the korbat.
And the krawk is green, but wearing a sweater and pants, and a mask. Is that what you mean too?
Lou

Post by Lou »

Oh my god it has a cleft. Freaky.
Last edited by Lou on 27 Jun 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Float

Post by Float »

I think you mean a cleft chin.. double chin would be one on top of the other.
Samusan

Post by Samusan »

I only have one comment about people saying the Pumpkin isnt round.

Go to Any Pumpkin Patch. Exactly how many pumpkins do you see truly completely round? Not many. I think the "Not-so-roundness of it is one of it's best feature. It looks more pumpkiny..
Kralia

Post by Kralia »

The Strawberry one looks like it has a moustache. It has two little seeds in exactly the right place.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Yeah, I know that, but it looks bizarre without being completely round. You know, like a pumpkin which was drawn by a kid...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

roger9614462 wrote:Yeah, I know that, but it looks bizarre without being completely round. You know, like a pumpkin which was drawn by a kid...
O_o

I think if it was completely round, it wouldn't look like a punkin at all. That would just make it look like... a crappy old Halloween jubjub again :P I love the texture and the various sizes around it. It LOOKS like a punkin. Not a round orange ball.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Very few real pumpkins are perfectly round. This is pretty round for a pumpkin. If they made it more round, I think it would look <i>more</i> like a kid's drawing, but I'm not sure what roger meant.
Image Image
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I also think it would look weird if it were round. o_O I don't know about you all, but I probably could count the number of times I've seen a perfectly round pumpkin on zero fingers. And for the record, I don't mind the ones in disguises. o_O It IS afterall a Halloween paint brush, and what do we do for Halloween? ... We dress up. o_o;; Not that I don't also mind the ones that are turned into Halloweeny things, like the Werelupe, etc... But I don't see the big deal with costumed pets. [/two cents]

Anyway, the Strawberry one is nice (you know, for a Strawberry pet) and I think the green dollop is cute XD However, there are a lot of seeds on it ;_; And the two seeds right where its nose would be look like a piggy snout. xD

And Starry is... starry. Boring. :/ But at least it's not overdone with too many stars, or ugly colors or anything.
<3