Chantal's Stash of Art (New sketches!)

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Chantal

Chantal's Stash of Art (New sketches!)

Post by Chantal »

Well, I adopted Waves_of_love from here and thought it'd be nice to show off his ref sheet I just finished. Actually, his picture wasn't even supposed to be this. It was him in a tank, but seeing as I'm not feeling the greatest, going through a background would be too much for me right now. So I took a breather and just had fun making a ref for him. It really turned out much better than my last attempt with Oiamura's, which got thrown away later on. And it was my first attempt with a halter. ^^; I'm pretty sure its a bit off but I like it.

Clickie Here for the picture. ^^

Seeing as this is finished, I don't want any anatomy on him to be pointed out, unless its advice to draw a better halter. I like my anatomy I use on a peophin. I'm not looking for a completely realistic look as of now. I'm working on a new style I just found, but this isn't going to be fixed, anatomy wise. Sorry, just thought I'd say that. I'm not looking for advice on a semi-finished piece.
Last edited by Chantal on 13 Sep 2006 03:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

Nice Peophin! ^^ I think your halter is fine- the bottom part just may need to look semi-tighter, but I'm not sure if you did it on purpose or not. The style is actually rather unique and I don't see where you're talking about anatomy flaws. Overall, it's a well put together drawing.
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

Well, my anatomy isn't that realistic in the legs and head area here. I just get told flaws on finished pieces too many times. :/ Yeah, it does look a bit loose. I'll remember that next time. And thanks! ^^ He was fun to draw and such.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

I thought the anatomy came out rather well on him ^^;; Like I said on DA, he looks good.

Fae
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

Cause you helped. ;P He had scrawny legs before. I do like how his ref sheet came out. ^^ It's a bit different from my first attempt with Oiamura.
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

New pictures. ^^ I decided to make Ovalen's picture a character picture instead of the original idea I had. I've also made it into a wallpaper size because I love him so much. xD

Clickie for the picture!

And I've also entered a coloring contest for a person I've met on DA. It's actually the first time I've cell shaded on a picture and not a pixel. And that I've worked at such a small size. A 500 by 600 canvas size. I like the colors I used and how it came out in general. Some places are too dark and too light but it was an experiment to say the least. I like it overall. ^^

Clickie for the picture!
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I actually think this is very very nice. My only nitpick is that the small "minifins" look pasted on, and don't flow with the rest of the image at all. Besides that, I love it :)
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

They were hand drawn so no pasting in his picture. ^^;; And they're transparent as well so that might be why, along with them being not shaded as well. But thank you. ^^ The extra fins are apart of his design, along with two other peophins I own.
Roach

Post by Roach »

Very pretty design, lovely colours you've chosen. I also really like the dragon.
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

Thank you. ^^ He's based off of a butterfly. I'd have to find it somewhere, but that's how Ovalen's and Oiamura's designs were based on. The dragon was a coloring experiment on my half. Such lovely lineart, I hope I did it justice.
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

New pictures! ^^ Actually sketches of my own draiks/dragons. *uses the terms loosely* After a year and a half for my fire dragon, Nalani or Lai, not being drawn and for my rainbow dragon, Kesaimou or Kesi, close to two years without a picture...I decided it was time I gave them love. I still have a few shoyrus to draw, another dragon character, and design a couple new pets that I got from the NC. *snugs Soles and Tsende*

But these two were in need of pictures, and they're so easy to draw for me when I'm in an artistic mood. xD The first one would be of Kesaimou, http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39255881/ . I really do like this picture. He's so moody in here and I was focusing on his paws mainly. He has dog paws. Don't mind his wings. They'll be changed soon, I just added them in as a last moment "Ohcraphiswingswerechoppedoff!" kind of thing. >>;

My latest sketch would be of my fire dragon, Nalani Lucinda. ^^ http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39707387/ She does have wings, but I'm debating at the moment whether to draw her feathered wings or her webbed ones and how they should go. That and I don't want to ruin the drawing, so I'll be sketching her wings in Photoshop with my tablet. But I love this one over all. *giggles*
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

Like I was telling you on aim, Lai would look super neat with feathered wings ; P

Fae
Chantal

Post by Chantal »

But they're super hard! D: That and I have yet to find good poses on the net to place her wings in. Blah. x_X;