Ice boris the rarest pets?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
WildFang

Ice boris the rarest pets?

Post by WildFang »

Okay so I was randomly looking up accounts today and noticed that nobody has an ice bori anymore so it got me thinking, are they the rarest pets on neopia? Everybody that got one re-painted them and now only a handfull of people still got them, and since there's no other way to get them anymore, whould that make them the rarest pets in neopia?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Since they were free to make, then they're probably not the rarest pets--that would more likely be something like... oh... an Ice Draik. Or a robot one. But I'd bet the Boris are languishing on side accounts, instead of being used to their fullest, the way a special, lab-only Draik would be.

Kind of a pity; I like Ice Boris, and it'd be nice to see more of them. I think TNT should do another event where they become possible, but then, of course, people would end up whining about how theirs were supposed to be "special." Can't please everyone. ^_~
Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I still have my ice bori (but yes, he is languishing on a side account :P). I don't know why you think "everybody" repainted them - sure, a bunch of people probably did, but most would realize that it's a one-time only pet and would probably hang on to them just for that reason.

I think lab-only draiks and maybe even lutaris are rarer than ice boris, although it's hard to really make a decent estimate - if they're on side accounts then you're not going to find them by randomly looking through accounts.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Isn't there only one known royalgirl moehog in neopia?

If so, you have the rarest pet right there.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Is it impossible to get ice boris from the lab, like you can with other ice pets? I know they were special for the plot, but I figured you could still zap one.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

They definitely aren't the rarest. I still come across a lot of them-- while there are still some pirate pets that I've NEVER seen. I'd agree that robot or ice draiks are probably the rarest. The thought of labbing draiks is like eughhhh to me. :P
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I wonder how many people could still make Ice Boris? I never used my Bori morph, so I could still make one if I wanted. There is a pet of mine I'm thinking of morphing into a Bori but I don't like the Ice ones, so I'm afraid I'll probably just use it up on a blue Bori instead.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Mutant grarrl.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

I have heard there are only two Ice Draiks in existence, and only know of two Robot Draiks, so yes, there are much rarer pets indeed. (Ivvy is one of said robots, and one of the ice ones is listed on The Draik Domain)

And yeah, you can lab and get Ice Boris just like any other Ice pet. I *do* think TNT should make a code so, even if the one-time-only Boris change to Blue, the zapped ones should not when they hit the pound. It's kinda sad for some of them to go to waste. That lutari thing's a pain too... I loaned my battle pet to someone and had to morph her to a green uni instead of her zapped Lutari-ness so I didn't lose her (didn't really care if she stayed a Lutari, but Lutaris are a hell of a lot better to look at than Green Unis!)
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

chickvw wrote:And yeah, you can lab and get Ice Boris just like any other Ice pet.
Really? I was almost sure that was not the case. Do you know people who have done it?