Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

NyauNyau wrote:I was the luck to find someone that was selling a hard cover Pokedex book..It has all the Pokemon up to Sapphire/Ruby, as well as where to find them. No Emerald info since this was before the game was out.

I really hope they bring out something like that.

Yea, Mayhem. Its kind of sounding like the Gold/Silver guide..it was lame, and had nothing of the Pokedex at the end.
That G/S guide? I bought that in one of those Schoolastic bookorder things when it was first out. Damned thing was a total ripoff. :x
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

x_@ Yea, and it was the official Nintendo one too. I was lucky, and it was given to me for free. But geeze..they wouldve at least thought to come up with something with a little bit more information.

:O I gots my friend code now! ..*Posts to the trade thread*
Nothing To See Here
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I got Diamond as soon as I got to work this morning! I was able to comp ad it too so yay! I plan to get pearl later on. Would of gotten both if it wasn't for buying the Wii earlier this week. ^_^" I only played a bit so far on my lunch break and I"m loving it! I don't have Wifi yet, plan to get it later, so none of htat cool wifi stuff yet. We didn't have the guide books at work yet, not sure when we're going to get them so I"m winging it for now.
I used a guidebook for all the pokemon games I've played. Just helped me along and help me find the pokemon I wanted and such. I find nothing wrong with it myself. **shrugs** And yes, I agree that the G/S guide sucks.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Ah, game handbooks... thereby hangs a tale...

I was twelve, and he (the brother) was nine. The Pokémon craze was really just getting started. We loved the creatures, but we knew nothing about them. Then we found The Book.

It had every single Pokémon in existence. One hundred and fifty of them. How awesome was that?

So we put our pocket money together for a fortnight to afford the £4.99 they were charging in Waterstone's, and we brought the Book home.

For the next few weeks... months... whatever, I studied it religiously. He was given Blue Version as a late birthday present, which he would not let me play, and he read The Book too when he could get it out of my hands. We learnt every monster and all of their names, where they could be found, what their quirks were. Then, finally, for Christmas, I got a copy of Yellow Version, and did a fairly mediocre job (I see now) of becoming a trainer, but succeeded in the end.

And yet... things always seemed to be going ever so slightly wrong for me. Situations didn't turn out quite how I'd expected...

Flash forward a few years, when I need some information on one of the original 150 for my newly acquired (and utterly beloved) Crystal Version. I got The Somewhat Battered Book down from its shelf and began to read...

And it was only then that I realised exactly how many mistakes there were in the book we'd both adored as gospel truth.

My Zubat's loss against a Rattata? My hours searching the Celadon mart for a non-existant place where I could buy a Pokémon? My insistance that you could find a Golem in the wild? My terror of an attack that only raises Special Attack? My Clefairy (Kitty...) lost to an in-game trade because I was convinced I could trade back for her?

All the fault of that book.

So I put it away and resolved never to look at it again.

It's only now that I've started writing fanfiction, and I need to know all those little facts and quirks all over again, that the eight-year-old, sticky-taped Book is back in my hands...

I'll never really give it away, will I?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

There is one final snag, Pal Park is region blocked, if you have a Japanese GBA game, it will not work on a US Diamond and so forth for every possible combination.
;-; I guess this means our UK GBA games wont let us trade with the US D/P we may get?
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Most likely, adi_gallia. :(

However, the Global Trade System works all over the world.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I want some of my Ruby Pokemon to come over to Pearl when I get it though. If there is no way around this it means waiting about 2 months.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Sorry but as far as I know if you have a UK GBA game then it cam only communicate with a UK DS game. It's just one of those things..
I don't know if a GBA/DS Freeloader exists or even if it would do anything but that's the only thing I know of that might sort out your dilemma.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I took this to IGN since I thought they might know. Not much luck, but it's a tiny ray of hope for now.
I'd be very surprised if there were issues with the UK-US connectivity. As far as I've been able to ascertain, there is no way to tell the difference between English GBA carts, whether they be from the US, UK, Australia or elsewhere.

For example, the US Jirachi Colosseum Bonus Disc specifically asks for a US copy of Ruby or Sapphire, and says no other game will work with it - but it happily accepts UK or Australian GBA carts. Which leads me to believe they English-language carts are all actually exactly the same games in different packaging.

So even if for some bizarre reason the US and UK versions of the DS games are different, they almost certainly won't be able to distinguish between US and UK GBA games, which means you should have no problems with Pal Park.

Of course, would be nice if a UK importer could confirm this :3
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So last night I came across the godliest poketch thingy ever. Berry finder = massive win.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Srs, the Poketch programs are full of so much win. The status thingy for the Pokemon Daycare = YES YES YES. And the Pedometer for hatching eggs? YES YES YES.
Varicolored on Subeta
checkers

Post by checkers »

Oh how I wish to find my completed Saphire with it, holding my Shiny Bagon, then finally on Diamond/Pearl my Shiny Bagon would become a Salamence shiny T__T; *kicks Adi_Gallia* You and me are hunting for that game tomorow!

My poor Bagon, all green and alone ;-; I wish to make him a Salamence now, I saw the episode of Pokémon a while back where it said:
"Every Bagons dream is to grow wings and fly, until it does it's just trys and fails"
T___T it made me feel like a bad trainer to my Pokémon.
Image ->Image->Image
This is what dreams are made of.

I just want my old Pokémon on my team...specially my Bagon dearest. x_X
..I wonder what my Pearl/Diamond shiny will be Ooohoo!

Leaf Green: Ryhorn
Saphire: Bagon
Ruby: None
Fire Red: None
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

From Serebii:
It has now been confirmed that the Pal Park compatibility isn't Region Locked as we once thought, but instead language locked. So those with English GBA games but the American DS games shall need to fear no longer. For more information on the transfers, click below;
HALLE-FRICKIN-LUJAH! -gonna get Pokemon Pearl before June- SQUEE!!
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Oh well. I doubt there's too many people that causes problems for. Now, I must say something.
Last GTS trades:
Kazza the Abra (can't remember level) for Pachirisu, level 7, no nickname, OT Diego
GRANDOIS the Magikarp (sorry, no level again) for Budew, level 4, no nickname, OT Joey (?!)
BIDDLE the Bidoof level 14 for Bidoof level 2, no nickname, OT TurtleB
SNAXOR the Munchlax level 15 for Cherubi level 15, some Japanese characters for name, OT also Japanese.
DOMEY the Rampardos level 21 for Haunter level 45, Japanese characters, OT Japanese. Upon trading, the Haunter became a Gengar. Great.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

When Japanese-named Pokemon evolves on your US game, it's name switches to the English version of the name. :)

I got a Turtwig that way, and I know a LOT of people who are getting other legendaries/starters this way, too. Japanese people officially rock.
Varicolored on Subeta