New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

AngharadTy wrote: I wouldn't count that as streamlined, and I'd especially hate to be on 800x600 right now.
-IS on a 800x600 right now- The constant having to scroll left and right, left and right is killing me. And I refuse to make all my desktop icons the size of ants just so I can see the entire Neopets layout. Not worth it.

Luckily, my current glee with Subeta is countering this hatred towards Neopets. ;3
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Okay, not streamlined, but then again Im on a hugeass monitor..

: | Maybe, hopefully theyll see the problem with 800x600 screens and make it friendly for such resolutions
Nothing To See Here
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Kuroro, what about that is so much changed that it doesn't match the drawing? Every aspect you've picked up on still appears to be there.
I wish I still had the desert ixi poses saved up.. sigh. I'll try to explain as best as I can (english isn't my mother language). It's mostly the eyes, the head and the pose.

*finds the pose*

I like how it looks serious, with a 'petite' body, nicely painted eyes and a stern look. The happy pose leans closer towards the current image, but yet the eyes now have a dull, lazy look. The head seems to have grown too much, the legs have no real joints, look like stubby branches underneath the body, while the butt looks.. terribly small. It looks like it's going to tip over. Aah.. and the hair, I loved how it looked longish-shoulder length, now it's more like a toupé.

It's all taste of course. I guess the differences are small.. they are just big enough for me to not like the pet anymore. I wasn't too fond about the previous happy pose of her, but I still liked it. Now.. it's even more pronounced.

Anyhow.. I'm drifting too far off topic. I'm just shocked.. I don't dare to look at my other account, since I've seen in beta what they've done to some other pets. I can get used to a new layout.. but this new pets.. no. I've worked towards these pet goals, quite hard. I hope we get an option to change them back. I miss the poses already.

And yes, I can draw them myself. I draw animals all the time, new charries and such. I can do those without neo. That's the thing I like about neo. Buy a brush, look closely at the details and imagine a story about them. Yes, I guess it differs for everyone. I'm just not happy with this.
Set by WIS!
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

Or better yet, set it so that you can have the "old-style" set-up as a default, or the "new-style".

Like they ought to do with pets. God.

But at least we know why they haven't been giving any decent colors lately....
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

*stares at her ogrin*

THEY ARE CHANGING THE EYES AND THE MOUTH!

Or that, or it is a bug!
ImageImageImage
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Well, 14 of my 20 pets are utterly, hideously fucked, with an additional 3 that I was zapping for colors that wouldn't be "grandfathered" in to the color/style I originally chose for them. That means 3 of my 20 pets don't look like shit. What an awesome ratio! Seriously, what is with the fists? 10 of my pets look like they're in the middle of beating off.

Good job TNT, you totally out-dumbassed yourself on this one. If it's still like this in a week, I'm self-freezing all 5 accounts and not looking back.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

And xweetoks looks like they are showing the finger....

Plus, shoryus had 3 fingers, but now they got a thumb and a "glove" thing as hand (and a bloated belly - where they store the helium to float themselves, lol).

Seriously, some PL pet pics are changing. Some lost their entire head, others just the eyes and some other body parts. Wonder if that means something but I'm monitoring my ogrin since it seems they are editing the eyes and the mouth, and I want to know if for good or not...
ImageImageImage
Steelfaerie

Post by Steelfaerie »

So wait, wait. Can we clarify this? If we paint our pets NOW, they automatically will go to the new style with no option for revert at all?

I saved up four million towards a Maraquan Krawk and it will all go to waste if that's true. :(
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Question: do we have the old pet poses saved on our servers?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

What you see available is only the start of a new era in Neopets, we will be constantly expanding the line of clothing, backgrounds, and environment available for your enjoyment!
From the "Neopets Customization Application FAQ".

*stabbity-stab-stab*

A "new era", huh?

Self-freezing three of my four side lab accounts and leaving the one for Gnorboe and my two long-term lab pets is seeming more and more like an appealing option. Because I really don't see the appeal to labbing anymore.

I suppose this will deflate the hell out of lab maps once it sinks into the collective conscience that all newly labbed darigans and greys will have the new and *cough*improved*cough* art.

Once upon a time that would've been a good thing.
Last edited by Kamil on 27 Apr 2007 01:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Ummmm.... wow. I have no words for how fucking awful some of the new pet art is. I think out of all my 20 pets, I'd keep maybe 9. This is just great. I have to say, if they don't implement the option to keep pet art in the older, good style, I'm going to have to put quite a few of my pets up for adoption. My poor beauties... what have they done to you??

On the subject of the layout itself, I actually prefer it. It's not really that confusing, much less cluttered, and it's certainly much less childish (I was getting tired of that icon-laden interface, as if I needed little pictures to find my way around the site). But why, why did they have to fuck up the pet art?? That's why I joined the site in the first place. The new layout was a good idea--screwing with peoples' pets is NOT. You've really done it this time, Neo. Way to go.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Kamil wrote:Self-freezing three of my four side, lab accounts and leaving the one for Gnorboe and my two long-term lab pets is seeming more and more like an appealing option. Because I really don't see the appeal to labbing anymore.
I'm tempted to self-freeze my Xweetok account (because, let's face it, they killed Poe), but I'm going to give TNT a few weeks. The new layout, fine, whatever, I can handle that. Having customized pets, I can also handle - as long as its OPTIONAL. TNT does NOT have the right to pick which pets are 'nice' enough to keep their old images. It should be optional for ALL pets. Not just faerie ____s. I want my blue xweetok to look like a blue xweetok.

I also would appreciate knowing that any pets we PAINT, we'd also have the option of. I'm finally closing in the gap for that faerie paint brush I want for Kanaechan. There's no point anymore, however, if faerie xweetoks aren't their redrawn, beautiful selves.

Please, TNT, PLEASE make this optional all around. Please. Don't ruin all of our pets.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... _sukah1039

AHH!! She's a skank! I'm going to go fight the lab scientist now, to see the difference...please let the boy be better...too bad the name won't match :(

EDIT: Where in God's name is the Battledome?!!?!
EDIT2: He/She looks the same! Now I've got a manwhore!!

I am so miffed right now...
Last edited by danceu4ia on 27 Apr 2007 01:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I suppose this will deflate the hell out of lab maps once it sinks into the collective conscience that all newly labbed darigans and greys will have the new and *cough*improved*cough* art.
Wow, finally some good out of this. I was just despairing that they seem to have shot up to 650k right when I want one.

Also, you may all amuse yourself with the fact that I spent several minutes wondering what "hooker" meant. And yes, I'm twenty years old and English is my native language.

Seriously, though. Steady on with the talk of quitting. After all, "pretty" or not, these are still the pets you created/adopted and loved. Neopet love should be, and in my case is, strong enough to transcend appearances.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
beatlegryphie

Post by beatlegryphie »

While I don't think I will quit over this, I will admit that I think they should have given us an option to have the old style pet where we wanted instead of being forced with the new ones. I am pretty dissapointed with all of this