Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
daisybell

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by daisybell »

Ooh, more news from the boards- the old Kass Basher is back!
Neopets wishlists: here
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Is it still possible to change your country to get the easier game? I remember doing that some time ago, but I don't know if that trick still works or not anymore.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Nope, you can't change game.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

daisybell wrote:Ooh, more news from the boards- the old Kass Basher is back!
Well, darn. I thought I had a new daily, since I could earn 900NP a shot on the new one. Guess that's that.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

FINALLY manged to get three scores of 1700+ in Pterattack. It's taken around three hours of constant playing but considering my top score before today was around 400 I'm amazed that I actually managed to do it. Hopefully I never have to play that game ever again!
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Did anyone else think that getting 800 in the Igloo garage sale was hard? I finally got it but with all of those pianos falling it got pretty hard near the end.

I agree that all of you non-US players should have gotten an easier score (say 1000 points). My highest in pteri attack is only 1300.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

It's a shame the non US players didn't get the wicked easy sponsor game. I'd actually rather have played Pterattack over that; a lot less tedious and boring

All of the challenges have been pretty easy so far. Maybe it'll get a bit harder in the coming days
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like Pterattack, and I would have had no problem getting 1700+ three times... if I hadn't kept running into the wrong color powerup once I was at the top level of fireball. GRR! I finally did it, but it took quite a few tries.

I actually found Techo Says the hardest, too, but I think that may be because I've been up since 3am (it's now 7pm) and I got only an hour and a half of sleep last night. I'm surprised I can remember my name.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Cranberry wrote:I like Pterattack, and I would have had no problem getting 1700+ three times... if I hadn't kept running into the wrong color powerup once I was at the top level of fireball. GRR! I finally did it, but it took quite a few tries.
That's been my biggest problem too, have done it far too many times. Still, two down, one to go - which I think I'll leave for tomorrow. Considering when I saw the needed score I thought I had a cat in hell's chance of even getting a fraction of the way once, nevermind three times... (Previous high score was 205 - and not for want of trying either. Now it's 1900. Seriously, just get all the red powerups and hold space down all the time. With a bit of luck and minimal skill, you can do it.)
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

all i can say is anyone else missing the mock wii remote trophy from the look up?!? ?????? and i can say i am not gonna work on the games master challenge this year i am sick of it !
EofS

Post by EofS »

Yes, lots of people are, it's a known glitch and Neo are working on it.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

They'll make sure we get our trophies; don't worry about that.

That said, that sponsor game was annoying, stupidly long, and boring. However, it wasn't difficult, and the only reason I kept messing up was because I'm a doofus. I feel sorry for everyone not in the States, though. My highest score for Pterattack is 100 some points. Getting 1600 just once would be impossible for me, let alone three times. :( Are sponsor games only for the USA or something?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Wocky Wobbler game you need for today sucks. Took me almost 40 minutes to get 200 points and that was sheer luck as I had two 35pters right on top of each other, pushing me to 208 points when I died right after.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ugh, yes. After Pterattack (and that's mainly my awful luck in not seeing any red powerups until around 650 points) it was the hardest score for me to get by far.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I finally managed to get the score on Wicked Wocky Wobble, but it took me a lot of tries- I eventually got lucky with some higher scoring items and the "wocky" cheat so my pile was frozen just long enough for me to get the last item to get me over 200. But it was difficult.

Pterattack also took ages, mostly because I kept hitting other powerups between 1500 and 1650 and dying. I must have spent at least an hour to get the three scores of over 1700; but I know from playing that sponsor game it would have taken less than 10 minutes for me to get 3 scores of 600.
Neopets wishlists: here