NC Card Exchange

Non-neopets general discussion.
FaerieInGrey

Re: NC Card Exchange

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that we have them here, I was just agreeing that cards are lots of fun. I hope you guys like my cards :) I'm doing them instead of, you know, college papers.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Got all my cards in the mail today :) Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to ship some of them overseas.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I am so disorganised... I haven't made any of my cards yet, though I do think I'll be able to finish some and send them tomorrow. The last posting date for the US is Monday and I expect to be able to get them all done, but if not, you'll have to just have them as New Year cards instead...
Neopets wishlists: here
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I've sketched 2 cards so far. I'll probably make four or five different designs, total. I should be able to finish the first two tonight. I probably wont get them all sent out until the 12th, though. They're going to arrive sooo late. x:

Oh well. Blame my finals. They suck. D:
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Jay will be here in two hours to finish mine up with me - in the mail perhaps tomorrow evening or Saturday.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

All of my international ones were mailed this morning; the rest should be mailed soon, depending on how fast I can make them.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I have over half of them done. They take a lot longer than it looks like they do. I come up with a punchline, sketch it out on a piece of paper, fold out the card, sketch another sketch, colour over that, and put the words on. Albeit some of them aren't that funny. Some of you I've never really talked to much, and so it's just a random joke that isn't offensive.
Four to make now. I used a joke over once for one.
Last edited by nanabobo567 on 07 Dec 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I planned on sending them all out tomorrow, but then I thought of something personal to add so they may be a little late getting to all of you.
Image Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

After a bit of a mad rush this morning when I noticed the post office here doesn't open on Saturdays, I sent my thirteen North American cards out just now :) (Daisy and Emma: in case you're curious about postage prices, my 11g cards cost 78p each to send.)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Due to exams, I felt behind.

Don't worry, I'll have a big writing session tonight. :) All will be posted by the 10th
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My international ones were supposed to get mailed yesterday, but we had a massive snowstorm that kept me from going out at all, and today we had a bit of a pet crisis. So they're getting mailed first thing Monday morning - hopefully they'll make it in time!
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I just realized exactly how soon my exams are. Not to worry, though, the cards are almost done (addressing envelopes) and will be going out tomorrow. Except maybe some of the US ones. Those might go out randomly over the week.

Then I will move into the library and not come out until my winter break (starts the 17th).
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Whew! I just finished up, all US cards go out tomorrow morning. I hope everyone likes theirs!
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Yay! I got my first card in the mail, from Kari! (She only lives like an hours from me) It was neat. :)
Image Image Image
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I posted all the cards going abroad, which is almost all of them. Today is the last date for posting things airmail to America for them to get there by the 25th, so I did just make the deadline. Sadly the post office had no Christmas stamps left for the right amount to go to America.

I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I was too lazy to write an explanation in each card. I was also too lazy to put thread on which you need if you're going to hang it up as a decoration (not the card, the other bit). Oh, and you can hang the paper crane up too, if you like- you might need to pull his wings apart a bit if he got flattened. I like sending cranes to people, because of the symbolism with peace and wishes and other nice things.
Neopets wishlists: here