(Old) Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Human avatars

Post by Officer 1BDI »

After a two week absence due to tests and term papers, I managed to save a screenshot of my zombified HA 15 minutes ago. And now all of the HAs seem to have disappeared, so I assume everything's being "magically" reverted back to normal.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I dunno, they've been having some possibly server-related issues with HAs. Everyone's HA was missing for over an hour last night, before the scheduled downtime. Closets were showing up as empty, a damned alarming thing to see, especially after that rollback. Right now, when I visit my wardrobe, only about three items show up on my HA. Totally reassuring. ;P
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ouch. I had no idea.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

So I was toying around with a different set of eyes, as opposed to my normal bug-eyed mimi's and I came across the Misery Lotus ones that are essentially a "fake" pair. I've gotten a lot of compliments on this one, and it's next to nothing special to me.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ohh, pretty. The colors look lovely together.

I decided to un-zombie myself, finally. And, heh, I remember freaking out when the 'no clothing found' glitch Ty's talking about hit. I frantically rushed from one layer to another, to see if all of those were missing too. The only thing that finally calmed me down was checking under the "all clothing on Subeta" setting. Once I saw all of those were gone as well, I figured even if it was a massive deletion of clothing, it had happened to people other than me, and so was much more likely to be fixed quickly. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like that, Usul_Princess. Those eyes are really nice and I like the effect that the green top and the red rose have together.

This, on the other hand, is not working for me at some level and I'm not sure why.

It's spring! It's spring! Despite being 26 here.

I like this one better. (I still hate the shoes, but that's normal.) Too MANY flowers, that's why I hated the other one.

mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm tired of my HA being a zombie, but I'm not ready to change back forever, so I guess I better get used to wearing items like the Petri Dish.

I miss her Jun eyes - been using them since HAs came out.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Darn it, why aren't the skins being released :( A lot of work was put into those, can't believe they are just useless now, especially since the event won't be back next year.

Well, I made a new avvie for the first time in a long long while. Wanted to use the new flowers from the DP.
I still want the kitty, but I'll get use out of the dog for now :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I miss my scarybig eyes, too, mellaka, but not enough to get rid of zombieness if it's not going to be an item. *boggles* At least I like the petri dish a lot.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I left this one in my loading slots instead of changing the rose one. I really like the color combos, but unlike the treehugger HA I had, I'm not feeling this one because it seems so....busy despite the muted colors. I like my bug-eyes, but now that I have normal sized ones I can see how they can take the focus off the simplicity in general.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I changed already to play with new pirate clothes.

I'm like a pirate. With a book and a pointy thing. I tried using the bride's ring as sea gulls but they still looked like doves, so I took them off again.

Farseek

Post by Farseek »

My attempt to do something interesting with the Hazel Morning Bell Duster I got for my birthday.
I was trying to layer it over wardrobe items then came up with the idea of wearing as a top instead :P
Not all who wander are lost.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh, I like that one, Wings. Pirates need scribes, after all. =D

I had to play with the pretty ickle kitty, so I've already changed again too. ^^

And speaking of eyes, I heart the Skankpop eyes, and have worn them since they came out (usually on top of the dark eyes, since I love their brows), but I'm getting fond of this combo too. It probably wouldn't work with everything, but I quite like it when it works. The vampire eyes are under the Skankpop; it's where the appearance of eyeliner/shadow comes from.

Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Farseek: Interesting. I never thought of wearing the duster on its own with nothing underneath, but I like the effect!

In other news: Have they revamped the Bottled Day and Bottled Night? I remember people complaining that the shadows went the wrong way given the light source when they first came out. However, as I've used them recently I've noticed that the shadows seem to be going the right way.

In yet more news: new costume trunk FTW:

I've got to play with it more, but boy... there are a lot of clothes in this thing. Two backdrops, one foreground, two wigs, two dresses, a horse... I may need a male trunk, too -- depends on what the prices of the items I want end up settling at.

I have to say, though... I want to like the horses, but I don't. I might end up selling my horse -- and the hair, of course. Still undecided on the backdrops... backdrops can come in handy when you least expect it.

The item descriptions are amusing, too.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well Wings, the horse is practically the only part I like from the girl set, so if you want to sell yours contact me first *winkwink*!