Holy crap. CLOTHING/CUSTOMIZABLE NEOPETS is in beta.

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

My first thought was to go hoard clothes, but it looks like the current clothes won't work in the system. This may be just as well as I'm lazy and don't feel like staying up late buying clothes.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Wingsrising wrote:My first thought was to go hoard clothes, but it looks like the current clothes won't work in the system. This may be just as well as I'm lazy and don't feel like staying up late buying clothes.
Like I mentioned upthread, this is most likely because it is still in Alpha. They gave us the pet color clothing first for a couple reasons probably. First, it was probably all done =D Second, like I said earlier, it is much easier to just look at the small amounts of test clothing now rather than having everyone put their clothing in their "Wardrobe" or whatever it is that TNT decides to call it. I seriously doubt when the time comes, for example, Every pet will have full access to the royal clothing, which some species do have now. Pets will probably get any clothing their colour uses (for example, the bow and headband color of your current usul) and then what clothing you decide to put in.

I'm much more interested in how the semantics of the clothing si going to work. Will there be a community wardrobe? One for each pet? If so, will you have ot buy four of each shirt if you want all of your pets to use it? If there is a community wardrobe, can each clothing only be used by one pet at a time? IT will be interesting to see how neopets handles it.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Hrmph. Part of me is screaming "You totally ripped off Subeta you jerks!"

The other part of me is ready to rush off and hoard jewelry. >_<
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Hrmph. Part of me is screaming "You totally ripped off Subeta you jerks!"
http://www.gaiaonline.com

Do we want to talk about Subeta and ripping things off? And even then, Gaia stole the idea from Palace Chats, and they stole the idea from paper dolls.
Last edited by Illuen on 18 Apr 2007 06:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

A wardrobe alone is not an original idea. No one's ripping anyone off. Clothing has been around since--let me check--yes, before the internet. People have been wearing clothing in games for quite a while, too. Let's not get into a fight about it here. ^_~
Image Image
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Illuen wrote:
Officer 1BDI wrote:Hrmph. Part of me is screaming "You totally ripped off Subeta you jerks!"
http://www.gaiaonline.com

Do we want to talk about Subeta and ripping things off?
Nah, I know that the whole "let's offer clothing for people's pets/avatars/characters" thing has been done before. :wink: I like to call that screechy little voice my "irrational, jump-to-conclusions" side.

(I probably should have made that clear in my first post, though. :oops: )
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

possibly all the pet sites are ripping off http://www.thedollpalace.com. It's a site mostly used by people to create characters for insanely huge siggies on other forums. It's based on the concept of paper dolls.

(I know you weren't serious, but I just thought I'd point it out.)
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

The robot Peophin is jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

Eee this is the most exciting thing in about... forever.

(and I would love to see more screenshots, if those with Premium accounts would be kind enough to provide them!)
old world underground where are you now?
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Neopets with clothes on. *runs screaming*

If this actually happens and all the regular neopets images disappear, I'll leave. This is not the game I want to play...

Also, if people can now buy pirate hats and pants for their pets, why paint them pirate? Makes not much sense to me...
LΟL
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

http://www.neopets.com/~Maddy Is quickly getting a gigantic assortment of the pictures up, if you want to see them.

I think a great deal of these are rather amazing, and then there are some not so good ones.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

The Blumaroos are standing on their feet! The new robot grundo looks pretty amazing though, but the grey Kyrii and the robot Wocky... :( not.
LΟL
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

All of the anthro royals are quads now. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I actually like the grey kyrii, but the lutari is awful. It's neck is way too thick (if it even has a neck); and why is it standing on its hind legs?

I'm not too fond of the Zafara, either (hopefully mutant won't look nearly as... "thick"). Most of the pets are actually very nice looking, though. I can't wait to see their rendition of the Krawk.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Whoa, thanks Illuen! This is a great collection of screenshots. So all the pets get redrawn special for this, I see. Now I can see how this could keep the artist very busy. Some of these redrawn pets scare me a lot (the kougra, kyrii, meerca, bori and faerie peophin, just cause the orignal faerie peophin is perfect as is). Then some of the redraws are really good (the lupe [except robot], eyrie, flotsam [how the flotsam should be!] and zafara to name a few). I can't wait to see what others look like.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm disturbed by the Zafara; there's just something wrong with it. Maybe the "puffy" thing, maybe something else... I don't know. And I haven't seen Krawks yet... I don't really care for one of my favorite pets, and the other is in limbo. I hope the mutant Draik looks good, too. =\
Image Image