Editorial Time!-split 2/16/09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Editorial Time! (With yet another new editorial!)

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm fairly sure Draik MPs worked on all pets, and people on the Neoboards (I know, I know) keep saying the same thing. When I was saving up for my high-priced LE Pet a few years ago (who eventually became Elzar), I remember considering whether it would be cheaper to buy the MP or the Trans Potion for a Draik.

I wanted to see if the MP rule extended to all pet species now, not just the draiks, so I tried using a Green Uni MP on my lab rat. And it worked. TNT's logic makes even less sense than it did 10 minutes ago.

ETA: Don't quote me on this, but apparently Draik MPs still work if you change the language from English to something else, like Portuguese.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I KNOW Draik MPs worked on all pets - I used one on my Inu ages ago.

This is absolute CRAP. It completely defeats the purpose of them being MORPHING POTIONS. Way to make it even more impossible to get a draik, TNT. Fuck you.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:D Lets all just gather together and bombard them with the question of WHY..because, seriously..if they do it to the draik, might as well do it to ALL the pets..its not as if a Draik Potion is worth NC money..they arent loosing out on anything if its a Draik on Draik thing..huh

Its pointless, considering the fact that if you DO have a Draik..itd be cheaper to buy the PB of the colour you want.
Image Image
ImageImage
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in recent memory.

I think now they are just fucking with us for fun. See what kind of random, pointless shit we'll go along with.
Last edited by Teragram on 26 Jan 2008 06:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

That's got to be some kind of mistake, because that's just fucking ridiculous.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

How bizarre and rather pointless. The aspect that annoys me is not so much that the rules were changed arbritrarily (it's their site...) but that the only way we find out is through an Editorial answer some unspecified time after the change has been made. How many people found out the hard way first?

I'd expect this of Subeta (it's the way they roll :P ), but in the past TNT have normally treated their users with more respect. Disappointing.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Dream, 24 hours ago wrote:Dear Suggestion Form Response People,

Why are there no Lutari MPs, almost two years after the species was first introduced into Neopia? I appreciate that they can be labbed, but this obliges people to pay out 800k-odd for a lab map just for ONE Lutari. The remote chances of getting such a zap on demand make this pet even harder to get than the famously rare Draik, which, at least, can be consistently morphed.
...I have a horrible feeling I did this. ;)

Joking aside, it's obviously a misunderstanding by someone in TNT about the purpose of Morphing Potions. Once they've had their mistake pointed out to them 23,000,009 times over the next week, it'll be changed back pretty sharpish (probably a lot faster than any of the stuff people have given up mailing the editorial about...)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kari

Post by Kari »

...The hell? Their logic, it makes no sense. If you do it to one species, you should do it to all species.

Ugh.
derp
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I think it should be done to at least all limited/restricted species, if it's done to the Draik. Except perhaps the Grundo.

:(
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

But...why would you want to use a MP of a pet , on the same pet species? You have a draik, you want another colour, then you buy the PB. D: so wtf
Image Image
ImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Hahaha. Ha. Ha. HAHAHAHA!

Why not make it so you can only use morphing potions on pets of the same species and color? That am really smrt!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Grr..pisses me off, even if I don't intend to morph my pets. What are they trying to do? Devalue the morphing potions? Inflate the Transmog and PBs? I seriously don't get it. ..considering the fact that Driak Morphing Potions have worked the same as every other MP, for years. Bad move, TNT. VERY. Bad move.
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Huggles wrote:Hahaha. Ha. Ha. HAHAHAHA!
Ah, jeeze. I just got flashbacks to the second-to-last row of this comic.
What are they trying to do? [*snip*] Inflate the Transmog and PBs?
Perhaps this is exactly what they are trying to do. The higher the prices for trans potions and PBs soar, the more the players are going to have to play games and refresh shops and otherwise navigate the site to make the necessary NP. The more pageviews, the more sponser ad views, and the more sponsor ad views, the more real life money for Viacom. Alternatively, they are trying to hike up pageview counts to make up for their recently slipping numbers (which I can't seem to find proof of due to unusually lacking Google-fu, but I could have sworn I'd seem them at some point last year). [/conspiracy theories]

Seriously, I don't know what they're thinking. If you can't use Draik MPs on a non-Draik pet, you shouldn't be able to use ANY MP on any pet (as horrifying as that would be). I've actually stopped zapping my Ogrin (who I was target-zapping) because I'm afraid I'll wake up one day, accidentally turn her into a Skeith, and find that I'm unable to change her back because TNT's changed the rule to fit all species. Yeah, she's just an Ogrin and I could easily make another one, but I love her name. And now that I'm not zapping anymore, I really have no reason to log on except to check the editorial once a week to see how TNT further fucks up the site.

ETA: ...And plots. Damn it, TNT.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 29 Jan 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i agree that it's a really bad move, and just suddenly realized that i missed reading the editorial this week.

and while i feel bad for those who were affected by this, i am also so relieved that i sold a purple draik mp that i had been hoarding for years about two or three months ago. (i think i got it for 200k; that's how long i had it.)

of course i'll probably be kicking myself in the future when they fix this and it's worth way more than what i sold it for. but for now it's nice to be on the positive side of one of their dumb decisions for once.

now, back to worrying about my stamp gallery ...
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Ah, jeeze. I just got flashbacks to the second-to-last row of this comic.
Oh man, I love Lackadaisy so much.

I'm frankly not surprised. My expectations for TNT are going down, down, down lately. This is either a big stupid misunderstanding of the purpose of morphing potions, or an unabashed attempt to piss off players.