Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Madge

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by Madge »

20/30 seconds seems to be my "FtBQ" time, because I'm really, really crap at the game. Just s'ya know.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I can't play MJB worth beans, 1000-something max. I lost the ultimate prize right there. Ah well.

At least i'll never have to play that horrid sponsor game again! It wasn't hard, just torture.
Madge

Post by Madge »

You could spend 13 hours playing it on Zen mode and get the av at the same time. That's what some people on the neoboards have been doing. People with no life, urgh. Surely it would take less than 13 hours of practise to get good enough to score 2700?
Faun

Post by Faun »

13 hours is taking it a "bit" too far. Todays challenges arent amazing.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

ok i am all caught up as of yesterday poor non US players TNT paved them over big time i mean come on 1,700 x3 for perraattack !? ! well the only challenge yesterday was meepit juice break the extra life saved me ! also i found escape to be a little challenging. still today's challenges do not look to bad i will start them later. however i fell sorry for anyone who restocked a croakabeak and a turtum pet pet they are WORTHLESS now !
Kari

Post by Kari »

700 in Ready to Roll, really? The controls for that game are horrible, my mouse keeps going out of the turnable area and I get stuck.

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's another typo and you only need 70 points ¬¬
derp
Faun

Post by Faun »

It cant be a typo, you get 70 points on the first level
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
EofS

Post by EofS »

It is a typo. Sometimes the challenges really are that easy.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Why do they hate non-Americans? Grr, I'm having problems with Advert Attack. When I click the popups, it's like I grab them and can't put them back down. I had about 10 of them piled up on my screen before I could manage to drop and close one.

I also still have to do the mini golf, Gwyl's Great Escape, and send 40 and 55 scores ones. Bah. I am so sick of game challenges and really just want another war! I enjoy very few Neo flash games.
Madge

Post by Madge »

You are bloody kidding me! I practised for half an hour to get 700 points! GRRR!
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

700 or 70 points, it doesn't matter for me- Crisis Courier is just too difficult because the mouse controlled Yooyu is so jumpy and laggy.

There's no way I'll be able to score enough on Meepit Juice Break either (I'm just really bad at it), or Gwyl's Great Escape (again, the lag making it impossible because of the accurate mouse control required).

I was really disappointed when I saw the MJB challenge yesterday, but now since I can't complete all 40 challenges I can't get the top trophy anyway, and it makes me less bothered about trying to complete all the other challenges. Especially when the prizes are crappy.'

I don't remember previous years' Games Master Challenges being as hard as this- I seem to recall they needed time, but not as much skill. Which suited me fine, because I've never been that great at flash games and the challenges were, well... not too challenging. I guess the people who moaned that it was too easy will be happy.
Neopets wishlists: here
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Ugh, Gwyl's Great Escape is annoying. I can probably get the score, but I don't wanna bother. Takes too damn long. The game is weird too. You don't even have to touch the spikes to get health taken away. I wasn't anywhere near any spikesl, and it indicated that I hit em.

Almost none of the prizes are worth it anyway, so I'm only gonna do the games that don't take forever and a day to get the score.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Sunnyneo has a very useful guide to Gwyl's Great Escape...

Tips: At the start of the game, choose to continue. Then type in the code gwylsgreatestescapeever, which will bring you to a bonus level with lots of gems. After you finish the bonus level, you'll go to the regular first level and continue the game as usual. If you're quick, you can get a time bonus at the end, but don't rush too much and lose all your health. If you land slightly to the right of center on the statue at the end, your time bonus can be doubled or even tripled. On level 3 (catacombs 3), as well as level 7 (lava caves 3), you'll start out right by the statue, have to go through the level collecting all the gems, then go all the way back to the statue. In either of these levels, if you still have 2 lives, you can die after collecting the last gem. Then you'll start right next to the statue, with all your gems, so you can land on the statue immediately for a big time bonus.

When you finish you should have more than 900 , definetly will have at least 700!
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm stumped on Gwyl. I may retry later tomorrow or tuesday, but as the top trophy is absolute fug, I might actually not care.

For the amount of effort MJB demands, you'd have though they'd give a Meepit or something. 2700 was easy for me, but it isn't easy for everyone. Haha
Madge

Post by Madge »

Also, try playing Gwyl on highest size and lowest quality, makes things easier. And take your time if you're like me and really, really crappy at it! :P