Daily Dare!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Madge

Re: Daily Dare!

Post by Madge »

Okay, I managed to get it done. I somehow managed to get the yellow balloon + target bullseye and god knows what else besides. In any event, fuck this game.

I played it at Paul's house and he had a couple of goes (he sucked harder than I did, though) but he said he found it easier when he pressed the space bar with his right hand because it gave you more control or whatever. So I tried it and I hit the target more often! It may work for you.

My team challenge seems to be royally glitched though, it says I've got the score but my partner hasn't even though my partner swears up and down they've got the score - and come on, it's not like imperial exam is hard.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Ugh, I hate UBII so much, too. The perspective of the whole thing just feels... so off to me. Realistically, I don't think the arrow would ever hit the target. It moves around, up and down, side to side, but your launcher just stays in the same place and it messes with my mind far far too much. And then there's annoying instances where you arrow just flies straight through the target board. I got the score out of sheer persistence - requiring much luck to hit a balloon and then hit the target. Doing both of these things often baffled me.
Subeta: Thomas
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Every time UBII is part of a game event, it makes me really miss the last version. That was one of my favorite games on the site.

Anyway, I had to challenge Abi again today for Kou Jong. My all-time high score was only 600-something, and I know I played this game a lot when it came out. Now I don't feel so bad for challenging her on Crisis Courier day too.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:I Kou-Jong is hard..

At least getting 800 points is. So far the boards have said you need at least 267 points minimum per level, on hard mode... But ...it may just be that I do not know how to properly play this game. D: Going to keep at it till I get the AAA score.
Image Image
ImageImage
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Kou-Jong isn't hard per se, but you need a bit (or a lot) of luck and you have to be fast, and it can be time consuming. It took me over an hour because I had to keep restarting levels. Try to finish each level with a time bonus of around 140.

7/7 so far. I hope I can keep it up.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ugh, I couldn't do kou-jong. At least, I just don't have the hours I can see it's going to take me to do it. I might challenge lulu at the end of the month once I've decided how many prizes of hers I like, because the lanterns are the first lulu prize I've liked. Gutted I couldn't get those shoes, though. Why couldn't snowmuncher have given a better prize?! That's my specialty D:
Madge

Post by Madge »

I somehow managed to do Kou-Jong in about an hour at 11pm after my Monday night D&D. Fuck yeah.

However, I woke up at 6am the next morning since I have work. Just fuck.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

...woo, and 8 hours later, still nothing! I keep trying to get at least 140 time bonus on the first level, since the second level is hard as hell... but I keep getting to the point where there are no more moves, or just get less than what I should :(

Giving up. Too tired, and fed up with trying this damn game...Im getting crosseyed with all the tiles. Not going with AAA this time, not the first time either. So..Abigail it is!

I just bought the shoes, nevermind they're 45k+ lol
Image Image
ImageImage
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, i already challenged Abi on CC, so i gave up on AAA at 11 when i got 700-something on Kou-Jong, plunked it for Lulu, then went through one Medium round for Abi.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Faerie Cloud Racers was deceptively difficult, but I finally managed to crack it.

I'm firing on all cylinders this month! Though Paul was getting concerned by how mad the friggin' racers were making me because my down key was sticking >___>
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I actually beat AAA on Faerie Cloud Racers on my first try today, and even got a new high score, yay (I think it was 1,067 before).
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

... I somehow managed to totally forget about Daily Dare yesterday so... there goes any notion of getting the AAA/launch day prize. And now I'm feeling inclined to challenge Abi every day.
Subeta: Thomas
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like Faerie Cloud Racers, so I challenged AAA. If a game's harder/I don't like it, though, I'm just going to challenge Abi from now on (unless AAA's prize is great). It's kind of nice knowing the highest trophy I can get is silver... takes some of the pressure off. :P
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Faerie Cloud Racers isn't as hard as I thought (the first 4 levels anyway. after that it's too fast). I guess I never really bothered to try playing before. My high score had been about 250 or something. I added it to my faves for the month because you can get the 1k score in the first 3 or 4 levels.

It was a bit frustrating though. I was doing so well and then I'd get to level 5 and start crashing. I switched from the water faerie to Taelia and ended up getting the score.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Tom wrote:... I somehow managed to totally forget about Daily Dare yesterday so... there goes any notion of getting the AAA/launch day prize. And now I'm feeling inclined to challenge Abi every day.
I think this changed!
People on the Daily Dare Neoboard have been debating the new rules for Daily Dare trophies, so could you pretty please clarify? Some say that the rules and FAQs make it clear that you will get a gold trophy by beating AAA in every challenge, regardless of whether you do it on release day. Others say that, since the top trophy in past years was based upon beating him on release day, this is actually still the case. So, could you please put a stop to the debate? Which is it? ~butterfly_girl_22
The gold trophy will be awarded to players defeating AAA at all the challenges, regardless of the day on which it is done. This year, instead of having multiple trophies for such things as beating the challenges on their release days, there are bonus prizes each day for completing the challenge on the day it's released.
From the most recent editorial. So don't lose hope yet. :)