RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: For some stupid reason I agreed to go into work tomorrow at 6 AM. I've decided that something important is happening and I will need to leave promptly at 10 AM.

The good news is I get to wear tennis shoes and blue jeans as opposed to normal business garb.
Image Image Image
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Achievement: While on soft-reset, I got a Modest Mewtwo. Although I had to sacrifice a potential shiny soft-reset I'm still happy.

Woe: I friggin' sliced the bottom my foot by stepping on some broken glass. :shock:
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Woe: I can't stand our home computer. Why does it have to be SO SLOW? Every vacation I run disk cleanup-defrag-virus scan-HijackThis and it doesn't make any difference. Nothing is siphoning off our computer's power. It's... just... slow.

Smaller Woe: Fell down the stairs. Nothing broken, but an enormous bruise on the part of my anatomy normally reserved for sitting on. It aches when I sit and more when I move.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

My idiot neighbours are fixing the fence (the one that belongs to us, it counts as our land) and the builders they've hired are in MY garden. They've trampled a flowerbed and they're leaving cigarette butts everywhere. My dad's not going to be very happy when he gets home from work.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Aw damn, I was making a toasty for lunch and I burned my finger. I unplugged it, folded the machine up and put it in the cupboard safely. But it was sticking out a bit, so I wouldn't have been able to close the door properly, so the dumb person inside of me goes to push it in, forgetting that when metal gets hot even the sides would get hot, of course I touched some of the exposed metal down the sides rather than the plastic. So now I have some kind of burn on the top part of my index finger on my left hand, the one I use to write with and it is burning SOOO much, I put it under some cold water and it still feels numb and burning.

In other news, I found out that one of my favourite wrestlers has possibly killed his wife and seven year old son and then commited suicide, all three were found dead at their home, apparently the wife and son died first. It was Chris Benoit for those who are curious. I don't know what to think, I certainly don't think Benoit is the sort of guy that would murder his family, but of course what you see on wrestling is an act, so I don't really know any of them behind the scenes. It was suspicious because he was called home due to a family emergency on Saturday I think, meaning he didn't compete on Sunday and now they are gone.
checkers

Post by checkers »

adi_gallia wrote:In other news, I found out that one of my favourite wrestlers has possibly killed his wife and seven year old son and then commited suicide, all three were found dead at their home, apparently the wife and son died first. It was Chris Benoit for those who are curious. I don't know what to think, I certainly don't think Benoit is the sort of guy that would murder his family, but of course what you see on wrestling is an act, so I don't really know any of them behind the scenes. It was suspicious because he was called home due to a family emergency on Saturday I think, meaning he didn't compete on Sunday and now they are gone.
Aw, Benoits dead? x.x damn. -looks at Beniot wrestling figure- Another Eddie Guerrero all over again.
How'd he die? (Like is there any evidence of him suiciding) god, I read the report, his sons only 7. Apparently he killed his son and wife on the weekend and then himself yesterday.
You know you said you couldn't see him killing his family, I can't either and I want to find out why :s
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Achievement!!!: Jay (DamionDarkheart) and I officially have our apartment! We're moving in August 3rd, and it's in Brighton (which is a part of Boston). As people in the NC chat may have heard, there were weeks of worry and confusion because nothing was working out and there was a good chance that Jay and I would be sleeping on friends' couches until I found us something, and I lost my best friend in this mess, but thank the various world deities - we got ours :D

I won't have pictures until I move in since there is someone living there until then and it's a little rude to take pictures of other people's belongings. Oh, and I don't think I'll be online when I move in anyways. BUT I'm so happy and relieved, and I love my apartment.

Sorry about the run-on sentences and long, rambling post, but... well... you guys are the only people I've gotten to really tell.
sureq

Post by sureq »

Whooo grats on the place of your own!

Now my woe, I've been informed by my optometrist that my eyes are officially screwed, and now I have to get glasses.

Damn you right eye, you lazy pupil! Left eye has to pick up all your slack, and now look what you've done to him!!!

Ahem.
ImageImage
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Glasses aren't so bad, Sureq! And contacts are fine too ^^

I've had glasses since I was 12...they're really no biggie. Hope you find a cool pair! I love my new tortiseshell ones, btw. :3
ImageImageImage
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Happy happy joy joy! I got my iPod Nano today thanks to a birthday money check that I received in the mail yesterday from my Grandpa! It's blue, like my hair and my DS. xD;; About time I made the jump from a CD player to an MP3 player (MP3 players are so. damn. expensive. ;.;)...
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I cut my toungue very badly. I really don't feel like saying how, but let's put it this way: When I concentrate on something intently, I sometimes stick my tongue out without realizing.
Damn it, razor blades hurt...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

if it's a deep cut, for the love of god don't do any long distance walking. Blood clots and stitches aren't fun.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

:) : I saw Ratatouille last night. It was so good. I don't care that I'm a 19 year old guy. I loved it.
Image Image Image
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Monkeyguy wrote::) : I saw Ratatouille last night. It was so good. I don't care that I'm a 19 year old guy. I loved it.
I'm going to go see it soon, probably -- I love Pixar. I'm going to bring along my 51 yr old father to see it with me. My family and I, we are very dorky people.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I completely forgot to post this here, but last Wednesday, I got to go see Kathy Griffin! Funniest damn comedian ever! I had so much fun, and then afterwards, my good friend and I stayed around, with the hordes of people waiting at the back entrance. After about 10 minutes, we weren't even staying to get a chance to meet Kathy. We were staying because there were some fucking characters there, like this crazy bus driver woman who offered someone working in the theatre 50 dollars for one of Kathy's empty water bottles. I ended up having a fantastic time.

Also, tonight, I'm going to go see Transformers. Looks pretty awesome, and who doesn't love robots in disguise?
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.