RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Achievement, yay!

When I was a kid, the rule always was, "If you leave change in your pockets, whoever is doing laundry gets to keep it."

Today, this rule finally benefited me. I went to put my laundry in the dryer at our apartment's laundry mat, and what did I find, stuck in the dryer, completely abandoned?

A $20 bill.

WHOO.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yes, but now you're affiliated with money launderers! Oh no! ;P
Image Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

:) : I registered for classes today and I'm taking:

US History
Psych
Drawing I
Painting I

Yay! This also gives me a valid excuse to switch to part time at work! Double Yay!
Image Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

AngharadTy wrote:Yes, but now you're affiliated with money launderers! Oh no! ;P
....bad Ty. Very bad! No biscuit!
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

It's Friday the 13th. Normally, I'm fine with that, great time to freak people out. Unfortunately, on a game I've been playing recently, that also means you get -1 Luck stat point. Sad.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Woe: a few weeks ago, I went horseback riding. The horse unexpectedly hopped over a small dip in the ground at a good gallop, and we landed hard...with me off-balance. I stayed on, but my sides hurt from the impact (kind of like if you jump up and then land crooked with your knees locked). The pain subsided, and I was fine until about a week and a half ago. I stretched (nothing out of the ordinary) and felt and heard a tiny "pop!" from my left ribs...and a sudden intense pain. Today (the 12th) I was still in pain from probably sleeping on it wrong, and I noticed a small hard swelling at the main point of pain. Dad says I probably fractured it. :(

Also along the lines of Friday 13th, I have a long-running joke that everyone else's bad luck leaves more good luck for me. Let's hope that is true when I go to my doctor's clinic tomorrow, try to see if I can work out something stupid from last October regarding my insurance, and schedule an appointment to have this ouchy rib checked. I HATE that clinic, but it's the one my lifelong doctor is now at. I'm tempted to try to find another doctor, but...meh.
lynmar

Post by lynmar »

yay!
-i'm doing pretty good in summer school. my math average went 87 points higher than my average during the year.
-i got my cell phone back. yay texting! :]
-guess who is back from lurking the boards.

nay.
-i am pretty sure my right ear piercing is infected from trying to stretch it with a straw. really stupid idea.
-i'm also worried that my eyebrow piercing is starting to reject. though i have no signs of it doing that, i've just been paranoid since i got it done.
-i really want to get my lip, nose, and cartilage pierced, but of course, there's always a parent who says no.
-not to mention warped tour is coming on the 10th, and i really want to see paramore. and again, the parent saying no is there to ruin the day!
formally known as lynnk/423789 other names.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

:( :( : I have to be at work for 11 hours tomorrow and I'll be the only one working in my department, and we are having a two day sale on top of a extra 40% off sale. Tomorrow is going to suck huge balls.
Image Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

Wahey's:

- My boyfriend took me to a piano concert last night (ooh, posh) performed by Nikolai Demidenko and Dmitri Alexeev, for anyone who happens to be up on concert pianists, and it was absolutely beautiful. I adore classical music and the sound from two 9ft Steinway Grands was incredible combined with the acoustics of Petworth church.
By the way, if anyone's ever been to Petworth, or perhaps lives there - wtf is up with that place? Michael and I wondered around the streets, searching for a coffee shop that was still open at 5pm but ended up bumping into an antique shop on every single corner. There was at least 15, surely, and Petworth centre is tiny. So, while in the middle of thinking "Oh, so it's a quaint little village, probably brimming with geriachtrics", two drunks staggered past yelling "SIMON, YA BASTARD, WHAT YA DOOIN' AROUND 'ERE!". I laughed.

- I went to sample my lessons for college today - I was at college for a while last term but personal problems made it really difficult for me to continue, so I'm returning now! I'm taking:

Law
Government & Politics
Philosophy
Sociology

Seeing as I had already taken law before and I'm pretty interested in philosophy, I went into the sample lessons and answered all the questions, making everyone in the class hate me no doubt, LOL. Oh well, they're all a year younger anyway. Assholes.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Suttle wrote:I went into the sample lessons and answered all the questions, making everyone in the class hate me no doubt, LOL. Oh well, they're all a year younger anyway. Assholes.
Haha! I think everyone in my humanities class hated me for the same reason.

In high school I hated class, but now I can't wait for them to begin. I feel like such a nerd.
Image Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Suttle wrote:By the way, if anyone's ever been to Petworth, or perhaps lives there - wtf is up with that place?
Drunks aside, t's very quaint isn't it? But a complete nightmare to drive through, especially since it has a very busy road (the A272) going right through the middle of it. The A272 is a horrendous road in general.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fury

Post by Fury »

Kantark wrote:
Suttle wrote:By the way, if anyone's ever been to Petworth, or perhaps lives there - wtf is up with that place?
Drunks aside, t's very quaint isn't it? But a complete nightmare to drive through, especially since it has a very busy road (the A272) going right through the middle of it. The A272 is a horrendous road in general.
The town itself is quite lovely and the church is gorgeous, so it's why I expected it to be the sort of place with NO scum and/or loudmouths, but the (only) pub we walked past was overflowing with lager louts. Apart from The Swan, the only other thing to do in Petworth is to buy some ming vases and old furniture, haha.

And yes, all the traffic filters through Petworth, so crossing the road was a challenge. Oh, and trying not to trip over in the lovely little cobbled streets.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Superduperjumpoutawindowthroughgriefwoe: I got the dreaded 3 red rings of light on my xbox 360. The dreaded 3 red rings that are the 360's answer to bluescreen :(

I just really, really hope the warranty is still available :(
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Spivsy, I read somewhere that Microsoft extended the warranties on all 360s because the problem is so bad.
Microsoft announced changes to their warranty coverage on July 5, 2007. This increased the standard one year manufacturer's warranty to three years, specifically covering general hardware failures indicated by the three red lights. It is also retroactive to any previously purchased systems; original launch consoles are covered until November 2008. Additionally, any customers who have previously paid for repairs for general hardware failures will be reimbursed in full
And more here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm
Neopets wishlists: here
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Phewph, that's a lucky thing. I think I'll try taking it back to the shop for a replacement before I ring microsoft, it'll be quicker that way.