RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Spivsy

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Spivsy »

Today I'm buying the greatest thing ever. A ds card with 101 games on- and not the shitty games like juggling or something, real games. All the pokemon games that have come out on ds, all the mario games, a few obscure ones that I'd never heard of, and best of all...42 ALL TIME CLASSICS.

badass.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Woe: GOD I HATE WORKING AT TESCO'S FFS

Yay: I get to see my gorgeous boyfriend tomorrow to go shopping and will be ordering this snazzy camera tonight!

http://www.ukdigitalcameras.co.uk/__4_p ... 57007.html
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Woe: Jason Momoa is going to be in Manchester in November and my parents won't let me go! :(
And the T key fell off my laptop keyboard. Typing is hard... :|
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

woe: our router is borked so I'm on my little brother's computer for the night at the very least. It was working fine this morning, until my little brother got the bright idea to move his room around. Seems the router doesn't like that. Anyways I'm rightfully pissed off sinc I waster most of my afternoon doing nothing but help to clean things up and got no reward in return {namely any internet connection} until just 10 minutes ago. Then again, my room looks nice and clean...
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So somehow last night when I was taking my contacts out, I scratched the cornea on my right eye. I didn't know it at the time, but when I went to put in my contacts this morning OMG the pain. So I went to work with one contact in and left early to go to the doctor to find out what was up with my eye, and he confirmed that I had a small scratch on my cornea. Numbed my eye with some stuff, and its so weird having your eye numbed :P
Well anyway, I can't wear contacts in my right eye for about 5 days until the cut heals, so that means I either go with one contact or wear my glasses, which are old and not quite powerful enough. I haven't worn glasses in upwards of three years so its VERY strange to me wearing them right now.

And I had to pay $18 for some Tobramycin which I probably could have gotten for free at work. I work at the Humane Society and we use tobra there.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Ew. I hate having people mess with my eyes. My mom works as an ophthalmologist, I've seen enough of the things, thanks. But, onto the fact that I have the best. Friends. EVER.
NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOUURimean WIIIIIII!!!!!!!!
Yes, for my sixteenth birthday, some of my friends got together and got me a WII!!! With Mario Party 8, Wii Sports, and Super Paper Mario! Oh, the love. I feel happier than I have in a long while. Not because of the Wii itself, but the knowledge they'd spend upwards of 300 dollars on me. It makes me tear up...
And I had a cake with Harry Potter on it. Not that that's exciting, but he has a detachable trolley with Hedwig on it, and if you take the trolley off it looks like he's trying to be a pole dancer.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

And that's not exciting? Hee.

Woe: No one here at college likes me because I don't drink. I've been trying to make friends with them for a month now :(
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

FaerieInGrey wrote:Woe: No one here at college likes me because I don't drink. I've been trying to make friends with them for a month now :(
That sucks. I actually have MORE admiration for people who don't drink! It means they are certain not to get drunken and stupid, and they know how to have fun without being drunk. They also don't tend to cave in to social pressures to "do it because it's cool." Not sure how much that means to you, but I sure hope you take it as a major compliment. :) I didn't drink either, but then again I had awesome "clean silly fun" friends at college. Hopefully you'll find some nicer people to hang out with soon.

Achievement: lots of little ones. I finally got a good (and free!) music editing program so I can do more with my MP3 CDs project. My childhood horseback riding instructor called me last night to see if I was interested in being GIVEN a petite Arabian gelding (probably not, but I still plan to go see him and maybe help her work with him so he CAN find a good home or make him worth her keeping him - she doesn't have time to train a horse now). My husband is in Iraq (WOE), but thanks to MySpace (a crappy site with a great huge networking community) he and I get to send e-messages to each other almost every day, and each message I get from him makes me squee with glee. I plan to get a new DVD+RW drive soon, which will mean that if it does well I can burn several more different CD/DVD formats as well as finally watch some of my DVDs. My new kittens are doing well and are growing fast; they're at a really hyperactive play stage now.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: Pandora assumed that I would like Culture Club and played one of their songs on my station. It was horrible.
Image Image Image
Catwhispers

Post by Catwhispers »

[rather large woe]

*sigh* The woes of having a boyfriend who lives so far away. We've met each other twice now and we get on so well, and want to go even further with our relationship (not sexual, although we're working on that, too). But how can we when everytime we want to meet, something goes wrong and we end up not being able to? We've promised to each other that we will make this work, and I believe it as much as he does. It's just...well, nothing else seems to be on our side.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Monkeyguy wrote:Woe: Pandora assumed that I would like Culture Club and played one of their songs on my station. It was horrible.
Seriously, that's the funniest thing I've read all day. :D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

double woe: My gran was taken to the hospital on Monday with a stroke, turns out it was a clot that travelled from her leg up. She's fine though and should make a full recovery over the next few months.

My second woe is that the stress got to me yesterday and I told a friend of mines about how I was feeling. I accidentally let slip to my mum when she got in last night and is now ignoring all my attempts to help her out and telling me to 'just get onto the computer'. I don't like this, I want to help my mum out but she's not letting me just because I said that the stress of having to do everything for three people was a little wearing {especially since it's been going on for the last year or so since my mum started caring for my gran}. Because of my Dyspraxiia I'm unable to express clearly that I was only blowing off steam yesterday and that I'm fine doing things like making lunch and dinner, as a result this is making everyoe increasingly upset with one another. I'm supposed to be helping out and I've only made matters worse, some 22 year old I'm turning out to be *snorts*.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The cut on my eye healed up and I can wear contacts again! No more fishbowl affect and I can actually see again, whoot!!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Monkeyguy wrote:Woe: Pandora assumed that I would like Culture Club and played one of their songs on my station. It was horrible.
you don't like the Culture Club? And I thought we were friends D=.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Paaay rise! :D My flat rates gone up from £5.69 up to £6.66 an hour! :D With time and a half on Sundays

And its basically the weekend which is also yay :D