Altador Cup III

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: Altador Cup III

Post by Goldenchaos »

If you have tabbed browsing (In IE based browsers) you get the full game url string. o-o Like the ones up top that I showed, but it would have your team and the opposing teams numbers. Just look around for "high" in the url and switch it to medium or low. Low is pretty fast, medium is medium, and high is just sluggish.
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Daisy, it's 50 games during the...you know, entire cup.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Um. When I try to right click and open the game in another tab though, it just opens the blank javascript thing, or some such thing that is not the game URL. How exactly do I do that with tabbed browsing, then?

Because otherwise, my computer is not at all fast enough to handle playing this on High quality, it just moves like molasses and nobody on my team can actually intercept jack-all D: And I will be stuck playing the other two games, I guess. Blargh.

EDIT: Nevermind! Daisy was kind enough to help me figure it out <3
Last edited by Fullmetal Dragon on 18 Jun 2008 09:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The game is easier to me, now.

I just got my first 10-0.

By the way, a game won't last three minutes. Ever.

You can skip between-goals introductions by clicking spacebar, and each goal scores cuts 8 seconds on the clock.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Okay so I'm an idiot, but I just cannot figure out how to get the game to load in medium quality. I used the link from earlier in the thread and it just brought me to the practice team. I don't see anyplace to change team identities there. I can't get it to load in a new tab like Goldenchaos said up above because it just ever opens in a new window. Help, anyone X_x
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

From trying to help Lindsey, I've found out that the way I've been making all links load in new windows is done using an extension- one that I'd got so used to having, I'd forgotten it was there and not just regular FF (though it's part of Seamonkey by default which is my regular browser).

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/158 is the addon, but it doesn't work with FF3 (another good reason not to get 3 yet, then). It alters the tabs section of your options so you can play around with how links load into new windows or tabs and suchlike.

EDIT: if you have upgraded to FF3 already, then https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1480 might work to have the same effect- I can't try it out, but it sounds like it should.
Neopets wishlists: here
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Thanks Daisy, that really helped :D

I changed it to medium but I still suck at this game. I really wish they hadn't changed it. I don't particularly like Make some Noise or SlushieSlinger either, but it looks like I'll be playing those for points this year.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kally

Post by Kally »

If you have tabbed browsing (In IE based browsers) you get the full game url string. o-o
Well, not in firefox2.whatever that I have. The game opens in a new window and opening it in a tab wouldn't load it at all. :(
Um. When I try to right click and open the game in another tab though, it just opens the blank javascript thing, or some such thing that is not the game URL.
Oh okay! That's the exact same issue I was having. Glad it wasn't me being dumb! xD
daisybell wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/158 is the addon... It alters the tabs section of your options so you can play around with how links load into new windows or tabs and suchlike.
That works great. Thanks a ton Daisy. :) Now to play yooyuball all night. xD
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:D oh! Awesome, thanks Daisy! ..Now I don't have to copypaste the IE Url into Firefox (Which I preffer since it obliterates all the ads)
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 1,028
Goals by Lilo Blumario 263
Goals by Jair Tollet 254
Goals by Fenny Vail 253
Goals by Gordo Gunnels 258
Saves by Clutch Billaban 50
Number of Wins 182
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

Rank
Level 3

SS and MSN were removed because I suck at both of these.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

^Bloody hell.

I finally got around to joining a team (Shenkuu) and having a go at the games. I've managed to score two goals in Yooyuball- and that's probably all I'll send seeing as I still hate the game. That petpage helped but don't think I can be bothered to really sit down and get to grips with the mechanics properly. I like the other two games, though so I might just play those when I can.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Quick question - Am I the only person to notice that the Yurble that plays for Haunted Woods seems to spend most of their time doing the moonwalk? I don't know if the AI is off or what - most of the time they seem to get to the ball by turning around and backing up to it. Bizarre :)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I haven't played HW yet, so I haven't seen their bizarre habits.

Darigan's Bruce player is absolutely terrible; every time the ball rolls over to him (if it just rolls over, not if a team mate's passing to him), he walks up to it and stands there. I have to get one of my players to grab the ball to get the game moving again.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Gah, 15 wins, one draw. I'll get to 50 one of these days. I really wish I had more time to sit and play today since Darigan is probably Roo Island's first real challenge, but I've got too much other stuff going on (I'm flying back home tomorrow). Such is life.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Scored a Faerie ball at the last second (I hate those balls!). I doubt I'll be able to top this, but I'm feeling proud for the moment :)

{eta} Fiiiiiinally got to Rank Level 1. Good lord, felt like it took forever!

{eta}
^_^ I'm currently averaging 6.3 goals/game - wh00t
Last edited by lavender on 22 Jun 2008 05:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}