RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Monkeyguy

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Monkeyguy »

:) : Amazon.com is having some type of sale and has the Deluxe Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for $13 (usually $65!). I also picked up the third book in the Secret Country trilogy.
Image Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Soo I scratched my eye a little bit ago, the second time in like four months. Crazy I tell you! I forgot how jarring it was to change from contacts to glasses. The fishbowl effect is going to be interesting at work tomorrow, with all the bending and moving I do everyday.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Fernando Torres has won me £20 in the work sweepstakes. Woo! To think how bitterly I complained when I drew Spain, they were magnificent all tournament long.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Congrats, E! I saw one of my friends post the results of the match and instantly thought of you :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I went to a big Magic: the Gathering tournament on Sunday. It was held as a memorial event in honor of a guy I used to play against pretty frequently (and always lost to). They were expecting about 200 people to show up; they weren't expecting the 324 who actually did! It was a 3-hour drive for me and my buddies to the place in central western Virginia, and some people even came as far as from Oklahoma.

I didn't win enough games to qualify for a prize (which was a big impressive list). But I really had a fun time. My deck was Slivers (which are an interesting creature in the Magic world) with some random fun stuff. I'll be reworking the deck to play out better.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm home; the suitcase isn't.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:I'm home; the suitcase isn't.
Gah, I hate when that happens. I hope they find your suitcase soon. :(
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: Online registration for classes at my college were supposed to start yesterday, but the site hasn't updated yet and I really want to sign up for classes already. :(
Image Image Image
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Last Friday I got my finals results, I passed, therefore I am now a fully qualified vet! :D
----------------------
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Congrats, Charlie!

Just to update: they found my case on the following day's flight. I have it back now.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Massive, massive amounts of woe - my car needs about $2,700 in repairs. It not only needs new back wheel bearings (on both tires, no less), but a new transmission due to a problem where my radiator leaked coolant into my transmission. That cost $500 this week already. Now this. Stupid fucking car.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Achievement - I got a 4 on my English AP test. The highest you can get is a 5. So now I have an entire year's worth of college English credit taken care of! :) I really thought I'd bomb the test, too, considering how badly I did on the practice ones...

Achievement - I finally beat Metroid Zero Mission (Game Boy Advance, but I was playing on my DS) on the Normal difficulty in under 2 hours with 100% items. :D
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: The girl who I like, and who likes me, is married.

Yay: A boy likes me.
Image Image Image
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

massive woe: some stupid idiot at the Freeview place did an update that fried pretty much half the freeview boxes in my local area. My one included. So I didn't have any tv whatsoever in my bedroom until my parents kindly gave me theirs. Now I find out that my old one works perfectly well in their room. This is bad enough in itself, but they've also decided to take the SCART lead that was plugged into my DVD player with them. AHGTYSDGDSHSDBH. I wanna watch movies and play music in my own room dammit ><! {I have a couple of CDs that are verry picky about playing on my computer}. I'm going to let myself calm down and wait until my mum gets home before I confront anyone about anything {and people wonder why I wanna get out of here Asap}
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Silverevilchao wrote:Achievement - I got a 4 on my English AP test. The highest you can get is a 5. So now I have an entire year's worth of college English credit taken care of! :) I really thought I'd bomb the test, too, considering how badly I did on the practice ones...
You got your scores already? I haven't heard a thing still. Congrats, though.

Achievement: I finally found some decent drawing software for my computer (it's a tablet PC, as in you can draw on the screen). Now I just have to save up for it. But the trial version alone works so nicely... I'm going to get to draw on my computer again, for the first time in years! ^^