Lost Desert Krawk and Draik

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
gomababe

Re: Lost Desert Krawk and Draik

Post by gomababe »

The Krawk is lovely, the base colour is nice and dark and the colour of the clothes sets is off very nicely. I like the touches of green on them a lot.I like the staff like thing it's carrying too, it's quite cute ^_^.

The Draik is a lovely shade of sandy brown and the sky blue on the wings os lovely, but I don't like the hat too much :|. The rest of the clothes are nice, though and the new pose works wonders for the Draik, makes it look a lot less busy than before.

All in all a nice couple of additions to the Lost Desert family and I hope Krawk and Draik owners are pleased with them.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I didn't know what to expect of two Lost Desert pets-- LD has always been an "unconventional" colour rather than a basic like Speckled or Striped, and I had anticipated it causing problems, these days. However, I'm pleasantly surprised. The Krawk has an individuality you wouldn't expect of V2. The Draik is also rather attractive, although I'm puzzled as to why it seems to be wearing a chef's hat-- is that removable? Overall, I'm mostly disappointed I'll never be able to lab either of these, as they're very attractive.

(In other news, I don't know whether to be pleased or not that they went for Krawk and Draik and overlooked the Xweetok this year. On the one hand, an LD Xweetok would be prettyful-- on the other, a story I've got on the back burner rather rests on there being no such thing.)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
checkers

Post by checkers »

ImageImage
Heh, silly me I saw this title and was like 'What? Desert Krawk are already released' but then saw it was a shop keeper image, I'm glad that the colour scheme was changed, I don't like the typical, Red, Blue and Gold that the deserts have, Green and Orange, that isn't something you see every day.

I've always wanted a Krawk since I joined Neopets, but the revamp made me not like them as much, with this Krawk I like them almost as much as I did before, the eye make-up would be good on a pet, and the staff(thing) is great!

Draik.. hm. I love Draiks since the revamp, this ones blue wings are to die for, I'm sort of glad I didn't get a Royalgirl Peophin just yet, I might consider selling the PB and having 2 Million sP to start off a Draik/Krawk fund.. D: Gah, choices.

Neopets is redeeming(sp?) itself. I like that. =D
Just wondering how I would fit a Gobbler into a Draiks personality...(going for PPL) I might get a Desert Draik and just take the hat/clothes off.

Blue/Green Draik Eggs are going for 2.2 Mill atm, and Krawk TP's are going for 2.5 Mill, I suppose I can sell my Royal PB for 1.74 Mill and save for the rest, or try and find a seller interested in a royal pb. =/ -jealous of my friend sky- She already has a desert krawk and draik xD she is the draik/krawk kw33n.

I hope female desert draiks have the eyemakeup, because eyelashes normally make eye detail disappear on custom pets.
Last edited by checkers on 26 Sep 2007 04:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the krawk. The fist of doom doesn't look so unintentional and it could have very easily passed as a pre-custom pet. The draik, not so much. The tail rings and the coloring are fine, but the rest of its crap needs to go. Its fists o'doom are a lot sillier looking as well.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

These are the first post-devamp colors I've liked. Didn't see that coming.

The Krawk, especially, works well. The Draik, not as much -- but I've never been a big fan of them.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ooh I got someone to try on the Royal Girl accessories on their Desert Draik. I'm not sure if I like it enough to pay for it, but it is quite pretty to look at I think, even though the purple kind of clashes.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I love the orange and green of the krawk. It looks bold and strong. The eye does look mad, but I could imagine a few insane characters for a desert krawk. My only problem with the blue on the draik is that, along with the white hat, it ends up reminding modern people of a nurse.

I generally like the loin cloths. Because it's head on, and you can see the boldy coloured decoration in the front, it looks very clear to me that it's supposed to be a loin cloth. (I guess it helps if you're an ancient Egypt enthusiast.)
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

The Krawk is quite beautiful, and without clothing the Draik is lovely as well. I agree with the people saying these post-custom pets are awesome. Now, if only you could equip these to mutants...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

yvonne_l_d wrote:My only problem with the blue on the draik is that, along with the white hat, it ends up reminding modern people of a nurse.
I see a few nurse comments, but I've never associated blue with nurses; is there some reference I'm missing? I tend to associate them with white and red. :)
The hat reminds me a tiny bit of a bishop's hat for some reason, now that I think about it.
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Sayle wrote: The hat reminds me a tiny bit of a bishop's hat for some reason, now that I think about it.
Oh, if only I were a - still involved with Neo and b - richy rich, I would be making myself a tiny bishop draik in a HEARTBEAT. That image makes me a lot happier than it probably should.

Nice to see some new desert pets...two years after the LD plot. Not still bitter about that at all, nope not me. Desert was one of my favorite colors. I even had a desert themed account.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Strawberry Limeade wrote:Oh, if only I were a - still involved with Neo and b - richy rich, I would be making myself a tiny bishop draik in a HEARTBEAT. That image makes me a lot happier than it probably should.
That image terrifies me, as I have a fear of bishops.
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

Sayle wrote:That image terrifies me, as I have a fear of bishops.
Yes, seeing them move diagonally can be very frightening.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

miazilla wrote:
Sayle wrote:That image terrifies me, as I have a fear of bishops.
Yes, seeing them move diagonally can be very frightening.
That was painful.

Oh second consideration, I think I'm going to indeed paint my draik desert. He's yellow now, and if I end up hating desert, its fairly cheap to return him to yellow. I'll ah...ditch the 'bishop' hat for sure though.

/edit ...least I'll make him one if/when the person who has a lot I bid on ever gets back around to logging on and accepting. ><
Last edited by Xelio on 01 Oct 2007 01:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Sayle wrote:I see a few nurse comments, but I've never associated blue with nurses; is there some reference I'm missing? I tend to associate them with white and red. :)
The hat reminds me a tiny bit of a bishop's hat for some reason, now that I think about it.
Well, I think it's that particular shade of blue which looks so clean and sterile. Plus, in Canada, there's a health related organization called the Blue Cross. Together with the white hat, it reminds me somewhat of nursing. But, it's not a strong enough association to ruin the colour for me.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme