Ogrin Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Ogrin Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

Ogrin Day is a week away. What colours could these pets come in? Let's find out!

Biscuit Image
Brown Image
Camouflage Image
Checkered Image
Custard Image
Darigan Image
Desert Image
Disco Image
Fire Image
Glowing Image
Gold Image
Gray Image
Halloween Image
Ice Image
Invisible Image
Jelly Image
Maraquan Image
Mutant Image
Plushie Image
Robot Image
Royal Image
Royal Image
Silver Image
Sketch Image
Skunk Image
Snot Image
Snow Image
Speckled Image
Split Image
Sponge Image
Strawberry Image
Striped Image
Tyrannian Image
White Image
Zombie Image

The Ogrin is one of only three pets that do not come in White (the other two being the Korbat and Lutari). It is one of two pets that cannot be painted Fire (the other being the Lutari). It is one of three pets that cannot be painted Brown (the other two being the Chia and Lutari - anyone see a pattern here?) Desert, Robot, Royal, and Zombie all are nice accessory-laden colours. Despite the time of year there have been an unusual amount of Zombies popping up. Ice or Snow would be a Christmasy look, as would (technically) Biscuit or White. Silver and Gold would go with an old Christmas song but seem unlikely. Mutant and Halloween are unlikely at this time of year. Tyrannian could be cool. Skunk might be interesting. Fire and Speckled would depend on the artist as to being cool or not. Camouflage and Jelly are iffy colours, depending even more on artists to do a good job. Split, Striped, and Checkered are not generally inspiring. Disco is dead and should remain that way. Invisible is... well... there's just nothing to see... Sponge and Strawberry are joke colours. Sketch and Darigan have lost much of their uniqueness since the revamp, as has Gray. Glowing is... Glowing. Custard and Snot are never anything to write home about.

Thoughts, hopes, desires?
Last edited by Nogitsune on 21 Dec 2008 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Iggy

Re: Ogrin Day Predictions

Post by Iggy »

I will make my first prediction, telling we will get three colors for that day. Ogrins still need a lot of colors.

We're getting Skunk, Speckled and Snow, imo.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

If we get three ogrin colors I will do a ruddy Happy Dance on my bed. Has TNT ever released three colors on a pet day, though?

I wanted a brown and green Ogrin and I got it when they released the Christmas Ogrin, and after the disaster that was the Faerie Ogrin I'm not really looking forward to any of the unreleased colors. I think we'll get Snow (being winter), Biscuit (baked goods for the holiday season?), Plushie (toys probably being on most people's minds atm), and/or White (...seriously, why don't we have this color yet?).
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I think Fire and Snow would be a nice and ironic release together, but I doubt it. I'd kind of like to see their version of a Mutant Ogrin, but it might not be the right time.

I'll stick with Fire and Snow, but truthfully, I don't know what they'll release. ^^;
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Ogrin, I loves them so. Too bad not many people do :(

I really want a revamp of Faerie, but I can't really see that happening. Maraquan or Tyrannian could be nifty indeed.

According to Jellyneo, we'll be getting Plushie and Fire. Plushie generally hasn't been great since the revamp, so not thrilled about that. Fire never really did anything for me either.
Last edited by Seerow on 21 Dec 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
varii

Post by varii »

Hmm. I generally like fire pets, and I think with the Ogrin's body type, that should come out rather nice. I am also going to stay optimistic for Plushie. We've only had two new pets released since 2.0 and considering how lame it could have been, the Xweetok came out rather nice. The ruki was forgettable and too stiff looking (though I suppose squishyness is hard to get across when you can't alter the body outline at all) but really that's 50/50 it will be decentish.

Honestly, Ogrins and Ruki are the two pets that I always forget about. 1 part is that they were both released while I was on a break from neo, and another part is that neither of them do anything for me aesthetically. Given theit complete lack of colour options, I'd say TNT feels the same way.
rei @ neopets
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage

Plushie and Fire.
I am surprised and actually kinda like Plushie. Not for the price tag of the pb, but it does have lovely colors and button eyes. Can't help thinking how cute it would have been pre-revamp. Could have been all splayed out and floppy like. Still, not bad considering.

(Should this go in its own topic in New Colors? *Shrug*)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Fire would have been a heck of a lot better if the mane was just the flame, and didn't have the goofy-looking hair lines in the fire.
Subeta
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

^ Agreed. Especially since the tail is an actual flame. I like this Fire pet overall, but it would be much better if the tail, earpuffs, and mohawk were the same style, so to speak. (Or maybe just the tail and mohawk could match and the earpuffs and neck mane could remain hair?)

I actually like Plushie. I wouldn't pay 3+ million for it, but if I got an FFQ I might be tempted to put it towards that pet. Thanks for the previews, Seerow.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Plushie is cute indeed. I would have liked to have seen some string or yarn falling over it's neck for the mane, but this is good enough.

The lines in the mohawk make the Fire look very sloppy and ruins the whole look of the pet. I do like everything else about it though; if the mohawk was fixed, I'd even consider having it ^^