Pirate and Snow Buzz

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Pirate and Snow Buzz

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Looks like they're the colors for Buzz Day.

Pirate

Snow

My thoughts: Certainly not the most impressive, but I love the wings on both of them!
The Pirate has little skulls on the wings, and the Snow Buzz has twiggy wings. :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Re: Pirate and Snow Buzz

Post by Kamil »

OMG, where's Armi? She's been wanting a pirate Buzz for - well, forever. I surely hope this is to her liking. I like the skulls on the wings - although I wish they'd given it something for its angry, angry fist.

Hee, I heart snow's wings. Lots.

*hands artist cookies*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Mort

Post by Mort »

I do like the pirate, except for the strange piercings on the spike.. thing at the top of its head.
Snow is interesting. I wish they had snow-ified the lower jaw, but oh well. The wings almost make up for it.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

They did good :D I like the Pirate buzz, lots of nice touches: scarred eye, rings on the head-spike things, crooked snarl/smirk, and the clothes are well detailed. Don't like the hoof-like boots though.

Snow's wings are so imaginative. Wish they'd done something snowy with the eyes and the jaw.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
EofS

Post by EofS »

Snow has a well drawn body with brilliant wings... and apparently a white buzz's head. Why? Just... why? It looks like it comes from a completely different pet. I don't even understand how that gets oked. Coal for eyes is pretty traditional, no? And would work perfectly fine here. And why not make the lower jaw snowy, it's no less plausible than the feet.

Pirate is lovely, but I'd remove the piercings (too small and cluttered) and the eyepatch (too dominant on a pet with such large eyes/tiny head). But otherwise it's fabulous and looks like it combines a good selection of clothing items. I like that they even went to the trouble of making the wings a different shade of blue to the normal. Top marks.
varii

Post by varii »

I really like both of these. I think it is nice that we got one avatar colour and one really expensive one with thoughts to the Buzzin' avatar.

Pirate: I love the clothes, LOVE them. I wish Bruces had got such detailed clothes for their pirate colour. The pierced head fins thing is stupid but there is no peg leg and the earrings are removable...so it's still ok in my book. I think had I been able to design it, I would have traded the eye patch and the rings for a dramatic hat, but overall a very nice choice for the Buzz.

Snow: The wings are a lovely touch but it is a shame about the face. ..the whole head looks oddly removed from the body.
rei @ neopets
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Heh, I didn't even notice the snow's head until E pointed it out. x.x

Whathell is up with that, Neo? Did the wrong head somehow get saved over snow's body? Did they lose the head and stick white on there, hoping no one would notice before they had a chance to redraw it?

The possibilities, they boggle the mind. xD
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Kamil wrote:Whathell is up with that, Neo? Did the wrong head somehow get saved over snow's body? Did they lose the head and stick white on there, hoping no one would notice before they had a chance to redraw it?
The worrying thing is that if you look veerrrry closely you can see that the few lines there are, are blue. Not black. Ie, it's intentional.

How. How can that be intentional.

A tiny part of me is hoping it's some hideous glitch like when those pets lost their eyes. It seems implausible that such a glitch could crop up, but then so does pets not having eyes or blue pets losing wings or that weird thing where a female [colour/species combo I've forgotten] got their eyes stuck flickering between open and closed.

Please, please be a glitch. I might even forgive the silly lower jaw if just the eyes are wrong and were intended to be coal.

I don't even *like* buzzes but I'm still hoping that. It's not even comically wrong like the Hallowe'en buzz not having wings.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The snow is sloppy. I like the twig wings; they're cute and are nicely drawn. But the head is all kinds of wrong. I hadn't noticed that it was just the white head on a snow body. What's the point? It completely ruins the pet. The spines could have been leaves, the eyes could have been coal, and the jaw (and remainder of the head) could have been snow, like the rest of the body. This could have been such a cute color, too. :<

The pirate on the other hand, is pretty snazzy (if snazzy were a word you would describe a pirate with). The clothes, except for the boots, are really nice. The patch could have gone on the other eye, you'd still be able to tell it's there. The wings are pretty neat, too. Little tattoos. Adorable. XD
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I came across this photo of the Snow Buzz, which looks WAY better:
Rah

Post by Rah »

chocolatefairy13 wrote:I came across this photo of the Snow Buzz, which looks WAY better:
Omg that IS so much better! That one is /gorgeous/. I do hope the one in the news is a mistake, then!

I found a guy with a pirate buzz and made him take off the patch for me :D

I really love the clothes on this. They're so so nice. Shame I don't like buzz's!
EofS

Post by EofS »

chocolatefairy13 wrote:I came across this photo of the Snow Buzz, which looks WAY better:
It's a mistake! Thank the lord, it's not intentional.

Aww, lookit the little snow eyelids on sad:

So now I suppose it's time to bother the editorial and get it fixed. Pronto.

(I really am amazed how much I care about this given that I like neither snow pets nor buzzes. Methinks it's because I'm procrastinating. Yeah, that sounds plausible ;0)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Ooh, I do love the pirate's wings. I also agree that of all colors, you can't think of SOMETHING to put in the hands of a PIRATE pet? Nothing at all? Really? Even if you just gave them all the exact same sword, at least it'd make sense.

Snow is snow now that's it's not broken.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The snow buzz looks so much better. Let's hope the one in the news is a mistake then. Though, I'm not exactly sure how TNT botched this. :/
EofS

Post by EofS »

Huggles wrote:Ooh, I do love the pirate's wings. I also agree that of all colors, you can't think of SOMETHING to put in the hands of a PIRATE pet? Nothing at all? Really? Even if you just gave them all the exact same sword, at least it'd make sense.
I think they said in an editorial (pre- or post-revamp, I'm not sure) that they'll never give pirates swords because people might then expect it to be a weapon you can use in the battledome. Which makes a certain amount of sense, in a "quite a lot of Neopians are a bit dim and there was that whole thing where they thought shoyrus only have one eye" sort of way.

However the easy way round it would be to take a bunch of the cheapest, crappiest swords and make them wearable as well as already being weapons.