Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Spivsy

Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

Post by Spivsy »

Holy shit that's great.

Now I want the coach to be featured in some way, on his bike of course.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Punch-Out recognition, hurrah! After Melee, which didn't even have a single PO-related trophy (one of the very few Nintendo games/franchises I can think of that WASN'T represented in some way), this is pretty refreshing. :) Plus I'm glad we're seeing more about the Assist Trophies; they're one of my favorite new concepts in Brawl but it seems like we really haven't seen all that much of them yet.

Also, yay about Meowth being confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon yesterday, I guess, even though I've wanted him to be a playable character ever since the FIRST SSB. :(
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Yes! Yes, yes yes. I have been waiting so long for King Dedede to be made playable. He's literally the only new character I was really hoping to see in this game.

*skiphopjump*
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

OMFG DEDEDE! I honestly can't say I saw THAT coming. O_O

ANyway, it's awesome that the Kirby series is getting another representative - it's one of Nintendo's longest running franchises and until Brawl there's only been ONE playable character from it; I always thought they should've added at least a couple more in Melee.

Looks like he's one of those big slow bruiser types though so I'll probably end up never using him XD Oh well.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Ooh Dedede, awesome.. is it me or is his image sort of.. strange, it seems to be in a different style to all the others. This game is shaping up so well, I think it will totally live up to the hype.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

If it isn't Kirby's favorite punching bag, Dedede! Ah, Dedede, I know your pain. You occasionally go overboard with your lust for food, granted... but couldn't Kirby have just asked you for it back? Then there was the time you hid the Star Rod to protect it from Nightmare... Kirby brought it back, but luckily he defeated Nightmare soon after. Thrice you were possessed and Kirby defeated your body, but he brought your soul back safe. You became pretty good friends after that, having a Gourmet Race or Air Ride every now and again... Why, you even let him ride on you for a short while! Then, disaster struck. One day he beat you up because he lost his Strawberry shortcake, and stole a chest where you had hidden an evil never to be seen by Dreamlandian eyes! If Meta-Knight hadn't known about it... Anti-Kirby would have destroyed everything...
Er, yeah, as you can see, Dedede=Good in my book. Plus, another heavy character, no less one with a Hammer? Oh, love. I can imagine now...
^B- a shorter, 3-hop version of Kirby's jump. When (if?) you land, you release a puff of air in the direction you were facing.
VB- a combination of Bowser's and Yoshi's Ground Pounds, with the stars of Yoshi's, and the speed, power, and length of Bowser's.
>B- a smash with his hammer, like most of his attacks probably will be, but a star right in front of where you hit.
B- a charge forward. As you hold it down, you go forward. A weak attack that's easily stoppable by other characters, but very fast. Good way to get out of trouble.
When Dedede grabs, he inhales like Kirby, but quicker, and spits whoever he grabs out into his hands.
Final Smash- Dark Possession! Dedede gets possessed by Dark Matter, one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen in a video game. Then again I was, like, four at the time, so it scared me a good bit.
Erm... Sorry about that. As you can see, I like Dedede.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

I demand that Dedede's Final Smash be that move from Dream Land 2 where he goes berserk and gets really fast and powerful. That'd be so awesome.

I'm pretty excited that he's in, though I don't know how much I'll actually like to play as him. I always preferred faster characters to slower ones.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode ... ous10.html

HO. LEE. CRAP. YES. This is awesome. I especially like the "one new stage a day" thing. Also haha the Bramble Blast music from DKC2, and the Snowman music from Mother. One of my favorite parts of SSBM was the music, and I'm glad they're putting so many songs into Brawl.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'm seriously going be to making stages modeled exactly after certain stage segments in the 2D Metroid games...
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

The spikes have me interested. A square box full of spikes with a single tile to fly out of on the top right. Yeah, that'd be great. Although remaking Kirby's Dreamland 3 would be fun.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

So where is that fish from? I want to say Balloon Fighter?
(Kirby-Ice Climber never fails to make me squee)
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

That's what I assumed when
a. Retro stage and
b. the bright red and blue colours.
I did, however, before fully taking it in, go, "YOSHI oh, wait... Hm... Oh, I see!"
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

That's definitely from Balloon Fight. This was the only picture of the original one I could find (around the middle/bottom right of the first box), but it's exactly the same colors and everything.

(also, this is the fourth image that comes up when you plug "balloon fight" into Google images. What the hell.)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

That's so becoming my desktop background.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Saturn wrote:That's definitely from Balloon Fight. This was the only picture of the original one I could find (around the middle/bottom right of the first box), but it's exactly the same colors and everything.

(also, this is the fourth image that comes up when you plug "balloon fight" into Google images. What the hell.)
Ooh, I love that guy's art. He does all this icky, superrealistic video game stuff *goes to look for the mario one*

that is definitely the Balloon Fighter fish, it pops up in Warioware: Smooth Moves. Dare I get my hopes up for BF in brawl? I know he was supposed to be in melee, but they replaced him with the Ice Climbers. *crosses his fingers*

Edit: Some of my favorites of his.

Megaman

Burgertime

Digdug

And of course his famous Mario
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.