Camouflage and Speckled Peophins

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Gumdrops

Re: Camouflage and Speckled Peophins

Post by Gumdrops »

I love the carousel outfit. I now have to get a Peophin, lol.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I laughed at the shopkeepers. They're so hideous and half-assed, that I can't actually be mad at how they turned out, because clearly someone drew them in under 45 seconds.

The circus carousel outfit is very nice. I'm definitely going to get it. Aside from that, I'm grossly disappointed in this whole day. Maybe it's because I wanted to fall in love with both outfits because I knew there weren't going to be any clothes this year. Or the fact that I have 6 peos still waiting to be trained.

I will say, speckled is one of the best drawn colors the whole PB has to offer. It looks like it has little body freckles. I'm just very sick of this brush being the "designated" color that TNT uses when they're low on ideas. It's starting to make me hate this color altogether, and it's the main reason why I wouldn't own a speckled pet in general.

Camo is blah. Big ugly splotches that remind me of a jigsaw puzzle. Maybe it can hide in a leaf burning pile.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I rather enjoy Speckled. It's got a pretty pattern and I love the white feet.

Camo though is rather lackluster, maybe even bordering on ugly for me. The face/neck is just really really unattractive.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I guess I'm the only one, but I rather like both of these. I agree that Camo's colours are completely inappropriate for a sea creature, but I don't really mind it because I happen to like the Autumn colour scheme. (And anyway, if I wanted a pretty sea creature in that colour, I'd get a Flotsam.) I think it'd look nice decorated with appropriate clothing. Hmm.

And Speckled is just pretty; I like the distribution of the white. :)

Those shopkeepers are just horrifying, though! WTF.
Razzbunny

Post by Razzbunny »

I was pretty disappointed in these colours as a Peophin fan. Speckled is nice, but it's still Speckled and not a colour I'd ever be interested in painting any of my pets. I don't like the Camo at all though, bad choice after the great job they just did on the Flotsam.

But I LOVE the Carousel outfit too, I'll most likely be getting that for Kyobou my Faerie Peo. :)