Darigan Draiky - And my other arts =D

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Aqua wrote:Someone needs to make a good flash drawing tutorial.. I've tried making art in it before but it turns out yucky compared to my photoshop stuff. D: Not that I have flash on here right now, blah.

*yays at techo* They need more love too. *snugs her two*
I'd be really happy if someone made a tutorial for art on GIMP... >.>;; (there's no way in heck I could possibly buy the expenisve Photoshop and Flash programs...)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Silverevilchao wrote:I'd be really happy if someone made a tutorial for art on GIMP... >.>;; (there's no way in heck I could possibly buy the expenisve Photoshop and Flash programs...)
Just so you know, Silver - I doubt most people here bought Photoshop and Flash either :P
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

jessibean wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote:I'd be really happy if someone made a tutorial for art on GIMP... >.>;; (there's no way in heck I could possibly buy the expenisve Photoshop and Flash programs...)
Just so you know, Silver - I doubt most people here bought Photoshop and Flash either :P
Yet there's so much pretty art on the site. :P
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Silverevilchao wrote:
jessibean wrote:
Yet there's so much pretty art on the site. :P
I don't think what jessibean means is that they don't have it.. just that they didn't buy it. >_>
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Try something in the middle, silver. I don't have Photoshop (tried a pirate version of 7 back when cs was already out, uninstalled it, aren't I a good girl?) and balk at its price tag, but Corel's Painter is a lot more affordable. I use it almost exclusively for drawing at the moment...or, at least, I would if I were actually drawing anything at all. Anything from about version 6 upwards is good; I use 8 and the newest is IX.5, or 9.5. Painter Classic (Painter with no layers and some "mediums" removed) is bundled free with Wacom tablets, too- but be careful you don't accidentally buy a copy with Photoshop Elements instead, because that's not nearly as good in my experience.
Roach

Post by Roach »

Eevee1 wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote: Are you Kontinasu, the artist/webmaster of Suta Raito? :shock:
Yes I am. ^3^
Oh, I LOVE your website! Such a pretty style you have.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Also, Silver, you can try Open Canvas. I prefer the old version of Open Canvas, 1.1. It's completely free, does layers, and works wonderfully with a pressure-sensitive tablet; I do most of my art on Open Canvas instead of Photoshop :P

It's hard to find, so i have it uploaded on my server xD If anyone wants it, let me know. I should probably quit stealing this thread now.
Eevee1

Post by Eevee1 »

jessibean wrote:Also, Silver, you can try Open Canvas. I prefer the old version of Open Canvas, 1.1. It's completely free, does layers, and works wonderfully with a pressure-sensitive tablet; I do most of my art on Open Canvas instead of Photoshop :P
And I believe OC 1 is the version you can share your network, so..I think it's at most 5 people can draw on one canvas per session.
OCing is fun. =3
I still prefer Photoshop though, and now Flash. |D
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

There's a lot you can do with gimp if you work with it.. there are times I prefer it to my Photoshop CS2. ^_^

And long time no see Kontinasu... *leaps at your ankles begging* please pretty please can I use that image with linkage to you on Anduhre's page?

Man. You line and color way too well. I've always loved your artwork. And I think I used your non-blurry lines in Photoshop thing for my Photoshop lines. xD I can't seem to get them as nice and crisp as yours are, though it may be because I have Photoshop 7.0.
non-blurry lines? I can't figure out how to do line variation while keeping it smooth.. i got the smooth down pat. ^_^
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Aquilla_light

Post by Aquilla_light »

That is SOO Bad ***! IT really rawks! I love the cell shading and how to made the eye look wet. And the sprialed night? Wow.... Keep on posting to the AG fort he Draik Gallery, or try a belated Draik day! A BC draik?

VERY nice!
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

Holy shit you're good!
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Holy wow... that's awesome! :envy: D:
jebbica

Post by jebbica »

*stares in awe* Beautiful, and I love your site. I used your faerie Xweetok image in my User Lookie (faded_sparkles@neo), but totally gave props to your site. You definitely need to get a Royal Boy Krawk drawn on your site, I would die! XD
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hee... lovely art style, from time to time over the past few years I've stumbled across Suta-Ratio and I'm always blown away by the artwork.

Welcome to Neocolours :D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Daphie

Post by Daphie »

AHH that's so gorgeousss @-@
You're like my art-idol :3
DAPHIE&
f l i r t a t i o u s ♥