Christmas Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Witchneko

Christmas Xweetok

Post by Witchneko »

Honestly, it'd be cute without the mittens, and the red on the tail just looks pasted on; but it's a cute color scheme. I like the ears, they're a nice touch.
Darigan

Re: Christmas Xweetok

Post by Darigan »

I don't like it. A very uncreative Christmas pet.
Witchneko

Post by Witchneko »

Taking a little while to think about it, I think that - like I said earlier - the tail red looks ridiculously flat, but I think it's cute. It gives off a very eggnog-by-a-fire-and-pine-trees vibe, sort of. Honestly, I'm tempted to get one and then customize it completely differently - the color scheme is going to be everyone's new best friend, i they're into cream/green/red/white. The clothes still look absolutely terrible, though.

I mean. Look at that. It's wearing boxing gloves and a rubber gnome hat.
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

One word: ewww. This has to be the worst Christmas pet to date. Talk about slapped together in about two minutes. Honestly, TNT, this just FAILS. ;_;
Madge

Post by Madge »

This is like the ugliest shit I've ever seen, but CHristmas pets are usually atrocios
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Witchneko wrote:It's wearing boxing gloves and a rubber gnome hat.
This is my entire problem with this pet. The fur coloration is cute. But the clothes look like horrid, old art. TNT, you can do better than this!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's an Xmas Xweetok Xtravaganza! (yay for alliteration featuring the letter X... sort of)

I do like the bell on the hat. Everything attached to the bell is pretty uninspiring. Shorn of clothes the naked Christmas Xweetok might make an interesting base colour.

And I like the gloves - it's as if somebody misinterpreted 'Boxing Day'. Nothing says Christmas quite like two Xweetoks bashing the crap out of each other.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
xphieldz

Post by xphieldz »

I think that the clothes are awful, but I really like the base coat. This would be a nice cross paint ending and it isn't very expensive.

I agree that the red on the tail looks really bad, it looks rushed and out of place.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I actually don't think it's all that bad. Neo has done worse and could have easily made this much cheesier. But i do agree it's pretty uninspired.

But those target/hypno ears....

The detailed coloring on the bell and even the shading on the (shiny) hat make the rest of it look really strange and flat. I could see people doing a cheap paint for the clothes or base color (hat for a gnomy Xwee, boxing mittens for a battler), but i doubt many people would keep the combination.

Hehe, boxing mittens...your comment made me LOL, Kantark.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

I'd like the base colour if it weren't for the candy cane coloured ears.