Spectrum Montre + Scribble Popoko

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Spectrum Montre + Scribble Popoko

Post by thelonetiel »

Image Image

Loove the montre. Lovely art. He's even painting!

Popoko is cute, but not the greatest scribble pets.
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

I find the head on the montre to be too small. It's paw is the same size!

The popoko is cute. I love Scribble pets.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The montre is very, very lovely. The wings are neat, and I like the line of the back, and the slumped-over leg--I had a dog that sat like that all the time. It does seem like the montre is a little bit too happy for my taste, but... well, I guess that's their spectrum "standard" now.

The popoko is really underwhelming for a scribble pet.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

It's not a Spectrum Endeavor.

Therefore, I'm not getting that one in my lineup.

=(

It's wonderful, I like the fact it's painting. The tail even look paintbrush like!

And the Popoko has EMO acorns.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I already disagreed with you in chat, Tiel, but I must do so again xD

I... am incredibly disappointed by the montre. Even moreso than I was with the galactic one. I always think this is an awkward pose in the first place, but it seems particularly awkward on the montre here. And once again, I think it just lacks sleekness, and grace, and beauty and mystery, all things I associate with the montre (which, I'm now finding out of course might be 'wrong' assumptions, but.. that's what the pet's always made me believe). It's also very.. um.. lacking in color for a spectrum pet.

Bah. When Tiel mentioned this was out, I got all excited - I love Spectrum pets, and i love Montres - but I just feel blah about the whole thing. This makes me really nervous that they'll redo Darkmatter and it'll come out nothing like the way it looks now x_X Sigh.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I like the Montre, but wish that the tip of its tail didn't block part of its arm so much. The scribble Popoko is meh. I don't dislike it, but I don't like it either. It isn't messy enough I guess is the best way i can think to describe it.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The Montre looks nice, but the wings look a little odd. Cramped, maybe? But there's only so much space to work with, I guess. The paw he's holding up looks like a log. :x His tail could've done with a bit more color (perhaps paintbrush-like?) and he seems a little bland compared to many of the other Spectrum pets.

The Scribble Popoko is just fun. SQUIRRELLY.
Last edited by Mayhem on 07 Jul 2007 01:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

I've seen the Darkmatter Montre, and trust me, it's gorgeous. Doesn't have any of the awkwardness of the galactic and spectrum.

Which is why I was wondering if someone new hadn't started drawing these guys. They've been looking kinda different- not so much style-wise, but just pose-wise... if that makes sense. xD
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

I love the Scribble Popoko's cheeks! *poke*

Don't really care either way for the Spectrum Montre. Nice wings and rainbow, though.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Rajface wrote:I've seen the Darkmatter Montre, and trust me, it's gorgeous. Doesn't have any of the awkwardness of the galactic and spectrum.
Wait, why would the DM Montre get redone? What's wrong with it now? Did I miss something? (Yeah, I'm off-topic, but it's just a small question. I can split it myself if it gets long.)
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh, wow, I want that Montre. Want. Ack! No room! Someone's going to be singing the cha-cha-cha-cha-changes song pretty soon. ^^

*goes off to stare at pets and see who this fits*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

AngharadTy wrote:
Rajface wrote:I've seen the Darkmatter Montre, and trust me, it's gorgeous. Doesn't have any of the awkwardness of the galactic and spectrum.
Wait, why would the DM Montre get redone? What's wrong with it now? Did I miss something? (Yeah, I'm off-topic, but it's just a small question. I can split it myself if it gets long.)
It's getting re-done because it doesn't match the other montres (Jag didn't draw the current one; Tsume did), and the pose is a bit awkward too, with the whole tail issue.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I completely don't see what you mean about it not matching the other montres, though I suppose the tail is a little weird where it connects, but not enough to redo the whole pet. I suppose I'm just glad I don't own one.

edited to add: Aw, I just realized there aren't any feathers on the spectrum montre's tail band. Rainbow feathers would have been neat.
Image Image
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Aw, I just noticed.

What happened to the Spectrum Montre's tailfeathers? D:

Image Image

They're featured in every other Montre (except DM, who has DM orbs, and the Hydrus has bi-tails), how come it was nilched in the Spectrum one? They would've been cute if they were rainbow feathers. :3

Edit: I notice the Chibi one doesn't have tailfeathers yet (maybe he isn't old enough, it's forgivable) and the BR one has teeth or claws or something on his. Hm.
Last edited by Mayhem on 07 Jul 2007 01:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I *do* own a Dark Matter Montre and this has me very alarmed. It's a beautiful pet, one of the best on the site, in my opinon. It's very graceful and elegant. It seems to match the current Montres just fine to me: it's the Galactic Montre that doesn't match the rest.

The Spectrum Montre isn't bad. I like the pose, although the huge cuff and lack of feathers confuses me. I would have liked it better without the smile. It's not a deal-breaker for me the way it is on the Galactic Montre -- it's at least an elegant smile rather than a silly one -- but as a Montre-lover and the owner of two Montres I'm concerned that this is a lead-up to all Montres being revamped so that they're grinning.