Neohomes 2.0

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: Neohomes 2.0

Post by Goldenchaos »

Woo, Roo Island home, but I cant buy any furniture! Luckly some of the old items I can
Image Image
ImageImage
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Apparently the colour of the starter set of furniture you get depends on where your neohome is- Roo Island's is yellow, which I wouldn't have chosen... does anyone want to swap some other colours for yellow?

After throwing a couple of items into my storage shed and then realising I had no idea if I could take them out, I went looking at help petpages and discovered the link to the storage shed: http://www.neopets.com/neohome/shed -it's just like the closet page only for neohome items instead of wearables. I only hope they put the shed on the quick stock page because adding each item one by one is really dull. It wasn't possible to do quick stock with the classic neohomes because of the way they worked but it really should be possible now, the only issue could be that there isn't enough space for another column for the shed items.
Neopets wishlists: here
Lark

Post by Lark »

I created my home in Shenkuu and got the yellow starter furniture. Luckily, yellow is my favorite color. I've never had a neohome before so this is kind of fun and I really don't mind the one room thing. I probaly won't get into further decorating other than to throw any cute items I find in. And maybe some flowers because AmyRose likes them:P
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I went and pulled out all the furniture items from my SDB with the little neohome symbol on them and was all ready to start arranging them prettily in my neohome, just so. But then when it came to putting them in, they can't be put in the storage shed.

There is a nice petpage here with many neopoint items which have the neohome symbol, however, not all of them work yet. The only way to tell is if they have a sort of terracotta coloured background in your inventory and then they will work.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm stuck on my side account today so I made my neohome there in Darigan. I got blue furniture.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

OK, I've had a look. So! Questions.

1. How do you add more rooms to your Neohome?
2. Why does the whole thing lag just because I'm listening to music, and is there anything I can do about this?
3. I haven't been able to find my new Neohome's address. Where does one do so (so that I can say hi to my new neighbours, as this is all terribly exciting)?
4. Are they sure the servers are going to hold up? While I'm delighted with this, I don't want them to suddenly have to cancel Classic Neohomes because the servers are overloaded, the way they had to in the 'Vamp last year.
5. Are there any items that aren't oddly tiny?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Two of my pets are tiny in the neohome, pteri and korbat, anyone else have either?
Image Image
ImageImage
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:OK, I've had a look. So! Questions.

1. How do you add more rooms to your Neohome?
You can't. At least, as far as I know, you can't. I think that maybe you'll separate that one big room into smaller rooms with walls in the future.
2. Why does the whole thing lag just because I'm listening to music, and is there anything I can do about this?
It seems to lag badly for me, too, and that was without music. Try turning off animation and shadows in the options, which is one of the controls on the bottom right. Don't have too many other programs running at once, possibly, too. Definitely don't try playing Keyquest at the same time!
3. I haven't been able to find my new Neohome's address. Where does one do so (so that I can say hi to my new neighbours, as this is all terribly exciting)?
I don't think you have an address, as such, and therefore you haven't got allocated neighbours.
4. Are they sure the servers are going to hold up? While I'm delighted with this, I don't want them to suddenly have to cancel Classic Neohomes because the servers are overloaded, the way they had to in the 'Vamp last year.
I think Neohomes 2.0 are probably less of a strain than Keyquest is, although I did find the neohomes more frustrating- I suppose because I expected to be able to do it all much more quickly, whereas with Keyquest you have to wait for someone else to do things too. What did they have to cancel last year because of the servers being overloaded?
5. Are there any items that aren't oddly tiny?
I think the scale is just smaller than you expect- if you bear in mind that the room that you see now is going to be the whole of the house, it's probably about right, if anything maybe too small. When divided into smaller spaces, it would probably be fine- even if they don't release walls, I intend to do some division using things like wardrobes to separate my pets' individual sleeping spaces. You can zoom in a fair bit, I think, if you want things to look bigger. The classic neohomes had widely varying scales, which doesn't seem to be a problem with the items I've get in my neohome- they're all quite proportional to each other, and with the windows and doors. Scale is really only relative, and as long as all the items are correct in relation to each other, then they can be tiny. If your chairs and tables were the same height as your doors, it would be very wrong!

As for the pet sizes, well, I don't know for sure but what if they were giving them the correct sizes relative to each other, like the sizes shown here? I can't tell properly because I have two unconverted pets and they might be off scale. My grey wocky appears to be floating because she's positioned a bit too high in the original image square. My faerie pteri is tiny- I can live with that, though, it's quite cute. Since all my pets are zapped, they probably aren't their original species and so they're actually all similar heights on their lookups. Maybe they just messed up with pteris and korbats.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

daisybell wrote:
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote: 3. I haven't been able to find my new Neohome's address. Where does one do so (so that I can say hi to my new neighbours, as this is all terribly exciting)?
I don't think you have an address, as such, and therefore you haven't got allocated neighbours.
I'm going to miss the address aspect, as I've always like my classic neohome address: 12905 Evil Street, Haunted Woods. However, your neohome is assigned a number, so you can always look at the houses that exist on either side.

My side account home is:
http://www.neopets.com/neohome/property/show/11336
And there is another Darigan home at 11335 and I'm guessing Neopia Central at 11337.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Cool; I was hoping there'd be some sort of show feature. My house is # 6403.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Comments:

I'm cautiously hopeful that being able to keep our Classic Neohomes is a permanent thing -- they seem to have gone to a lot of effort to work them in, at any rate.

They need to add Storage Shed to the Quickstock.

Flowers seem to show up flower size which means that outfitting a whole garden will cost a fortune (and that some of that pretty art is wasted -- you can hardly see them).

I'm glad to see there's a way to indicate which items can and can't go into new Neohomes. I wish they had a similar marking showing which items can and can't go into Classic Neohomes.

I'm concerned this means they'll never make new furniture for Classic Neohomes again.

I can't preview any furniture items in the NC Mall. Wonder if they'll actually go into rooms?

If the NC Mall items showed up in my Classic Neohome I would totally buy some. However, I suspect they won't.

My Neopets all look like they're hovering. I find this disturbing.

BTW, an Altador Neohome gets you red starter furniture.

Dunno, I'm not sure I can see myself doing anything seriously with this until they have interior walls and until stuff stops changing height as you rotate the room. Though, even with interior walls, I don't see how I can fit even the very basic 4 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, and bathroom into one of these things.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Yay, they added the shed to the quickstock and also a link to it in the collection of top links. Which seems to have been drastically thinned out- I guess they removed any that were easy to access by some other means, like the shop wizard from the drop down navigation.

There are still quite a few items marked with the symbol which won't work, and no way of knowing in user shops which is which.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Er, I bought some wall paint from the Neohome store (the one linked right on the Neohome main page) and it says I can't add it to my storage shed. Bwaaah? o_O

I have a Krawk Island home, and got the yellow furniture, btw.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I don't mind Neohomes v2, but I DO mind the fact the items are identified like this

Why aren't they identified like wearables, in the inventory? It sorta ruins...part of my gallery, you know

*selfish*
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I actually have the opposite reaction: I love that Neohome items that are (theoretically) useable in the new Neohomes are "marked," and I wish wearables had a similar feature.

Although I agree that for gallery purposes, it is a bit distracting. :/