Fruit Machine Kau

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
adi_gallia

Fruit Machine Kau

Post by adi_gallia »

I didn't really think this warranted a new topic, but I couldn't really find a 'Neopets Art Rant' thread to put this in.

This image really bothers me for some reason, I don't know what is wrong about it but something looks odd. It kinda looks like it's got three legs, but I think the fourth is behind the card, but I can't be sure. The rear of the Kau looks odd as well, the skirt thing looks like there is something missing and the tail doesn't look very attached to the pet.

Please move or advise me about this thread if I should post it elsewhere.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Yeah, it's lazily done. >_>::
Flossy

Post by Flossy »

I never noticed before, but that does look REALLY bad x_x

It kind of looks like it's...well, half a Kau. A half Kau with two legs and a third hoof just sticking off its front torso.
EofS

Post by EofS »

It's not really that lazy or bad, it's just very very old. Those images haven't been revamped in the five and a half years I've been on the site. There is worse artwork which is a lot younger.
checkers

Post by checkers »

EofS wrote:It's not really that lazy or bad, it's just very very old. Those images haven't been revamped in the five and a half years I've been on the site. There is worse artwork which is a lot younger.
Oldest looking place/artwork I've seen is here:
http://www.neopets.com/island/island_market.phtml
the place is hideously hard on the eyes xD
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

Oh my god, yes. And it's all flashified, and it's *still* in its old-art format! Why? WHYYYY?
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.