What's up with fonts?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Teragram

What's up with fonts?

Post by Teragram »

No problem, I just got curious about why we're not supposed to change our font color, size, or anything? I just keep seeing mod messages saying that. Why is that?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Because, it's incredible annoying to try and read tiny or neon text. Plus, some people actually have physical problems reading overly decorated text. We've had a few people who would do their entire posts as if they were posting on the neoboards, thus the guidelines turned into rules. Modifications are still allowed for emphasis here and there. By in large, if you have something worth saying, you don't need any of that extra crap to get people to read it.

Font colors/sizes rules link.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Huggles wrote:Because, it's incredible annoying to try and read tiny or neon text. Plus, some people actually have physical problems reading overly decorated text. We've had a few people who would do their entire posts as if they were posting on the neoboards, thus the guidelines turned into rules. Modifications are still allowed for emphasis here and there. By in large, if you have something worth saying, you don't need any of that extra crap to get people to read it.

Font colors/sizes rules link.
Can't you just remove the option on them then? so people are not confused.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

No...because if you read what Huggles has posted:
Modifications are still allowed for emphasis here and there.
I can disable all font modifications, but there are legitimate uses of all the tags- for emphasis, for spoilers, or for marking something out as a title.