News feed now syndicated on LJ

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

News feed now syndicated on LJ

Post by dandelions »

You can now read the neopets new colour news updates from your LJ friends' page:
http://syndicated.livejournal.com/neocoloursrss/profile

And that's all. Er. *tapdances to fill up some space*
EofS

Post by EofS »

I'm vaguely freaked out by the idea that my blatherings are going onto people's friends' pages. I mean, other than when I update my own journal obviously.

I wonder if it might be possible for us to do that thingy so that only an extract of the news item appears in the syndicated version with a link for the rest. I have no idea how compatible that would be with our system, or how easy to implement either for Jazzy or for us when we write news.

Perhaps people prefer to have the full length thing anyway?

Regardless, yay Jazzy for doing this. Am very impressed by your tapdancing too. Very raincloud like.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I noticed! I looked at my friends page only to see it filled up with Neocolours (since I was still subscribing to the feed, not having bothered to remove it). Nifty.

E, if it makes you feel better, I notice the authors aren't identified... People will have to actually click the link to see that they're your blatherings.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

It should now (as of an hour ago) only display the first 300 characters of each post. And yeah, no authors.