Angelic Terracoon and Angelic Kerubi

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

The old versions were rated at 2.75 (Kerubi) and 2.79 (Terracoon). Ratings have now been cleared, so you can rate these pets again.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Hmm... the art's good, pretty good, but I don't really care about any of these pets. They're not really my type.

The eyes on the Kerubi are a tad too big for my taste, though.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought my cache was fine because I could see the new images on this thread, but I was wrong.

Foghawk wrote:For the "old pets" page - could we have the old versions of the redraws up there too? It's just that I've always wanted to see them.
Yes, please? :)

Also, what about old and new Experiments on the old pets page, or even popularity stats for Common and Scribble Experiments? Is that at all possible/likely, or is it too much to ask?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

No way to, sorry. Basically, it was hard enough to find all the past revamps of the basic pets, and I'm fairly sure there are still some which could be better (eg, common swampie rather than the one I have up, which might be Marsh) or are missing altogether. I simply can't find all the revamps of redraws too, because old versions just don't exist. Subeta's been around for three years now and is fond of revamps, but there are literally no archives of its images bar the Internet Archive itself so it's just too much work (especially given that I still don't play the site so can't tell what's likely to have existed in another form before its current version). Compare it to Neopets where you've got dozens of sites dedicated to hosting old images, and I'm still loath to collect those.

Popularity stats for experiments requires some fairly extensive recoding which right now, I am too busy to tackle. In basic form: right now, the experiments are not in a database, but all the other colours are. Each colour has an id, a colour and a species. Experiments have a colour, common or scribble, but not a proper species, because 404, 84, etc, are not species and I don't want them to appear as such in the dropdown lists.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm half tempted by kerubi. I was never fond of angelic as colour mainly because of the clutter - I just don't like huge white wings attached to pets (unless pets are white to begin with like endeavor, keeto and kanis).
But here the colour scheme and the facial expression really have me going.

The but issue bothers me a little too but I can overlook that, head wings on the other hand annoy me though - something about their shape just doesn't flow well with the rest of the pet. Anyhow, I was tempted enough to alter it a bit to my liking (I removed the wings and replaced head wings with those of spectrum kerubi). Of course, this doesn't look angelic anymore but it's the pet I'd get in a heartbeat:

All things considered I still think Rah did a very fine job with it.

Teracoon has a really nice pose and lovely done wings but its face and the expression put me off a bit.
Last edited by zebru on 29 Aug 2007 07:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

What bothers me most is the tail - it'd be nice if there was a tiny peek of it on the (viewer's) right side, because it looks awkward. And I agree that the head-wings just don't match or flow with the angelic wings. :/
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage