Mortiking revamp poll - Revamp now complete

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
danceu4ia

Re: Mortiking revamp poll - Revamp now complete

Post by danceu4ia »

Is there a list somewhere about the percentages and whatnot of pets being adopted? I would love to be able to look at the numbers of pets adopted after some of these "revamps"
ImageImageImage
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

TCStarwind wrote:
Sarivonne wrote:I really thought they would have had a second poll based on this as many many artists do, like the Ruffie with had minor color changes and the lasirus who had a few subtle changes.
Probably because it got actually worse. I thought I liked the first one, but the more I stared at it, the more I started disliking it. Anyways, the ruffie's colors did change pretty drastically. I don't remember being able to vote in the second lasirus poll, though, because I had already voted in the first one. I think they just changed the picture on the original, and if you hadn't voted already, you still could. :/
It's because it's DNA. She already has a reputation of just not giving a shit about how users feel, the massive drama over the Dragon made that quite evident. Frankly, I'm really shocked that she obliged to change the Mortiking at all, but the attitude she's getting with people who still don't like it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I continue to wonder why she's not put on a shorter leash, even though (IIRC) Luxe said she's working on the attitude.

Yes, it is a shame, she is a talented artist. I just don't think that her work is very Subeta-esque at all and her attitude just flat out sucks.

Overall, I think the Mortiking is an improvement and I do prefer it over the old, but it definitely needs more work before I'll ever consider owning one that isn't a redraw.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I continue to wonder why she's not put on a shorter leash, even though (IIRC) Luxe said she's working on the attitude.
Didn't we hear this same line during the last few revamps she's done? I see no improvement. I hope if she does anymore revamps she will thicken the lines. That would make me very happy. Just no thick lines, then thin lines. Nice clean lines, like the ontras and lains.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think Lains tend to have too-thin lines, too. Not as badly as the Mortiking, but still.

Also, on a mod note, let's tone it down a bit. This isn't really meant to be a thread complaining about DNA's professionalism/lack thereof. Discuss Mortikings and their artwork, not the artist. When you have a name to put with art, it makes it much too easy to get too personal, and some posts here have been edging across the line of criticism into insults.
Image Image
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Yeah, sometimes lains are a wee bit too thin. Personally I love Keshi and Rah's linearts. I know it's subtle, but I do find the scales to be improved from the first version. They are more prominent now.

Post by 23639377 »

It's very disappointing.

I cannot pretend that I don't like the shadings, but the claws and the tail are in an awkward position. The end of the tail is too thin and pointy. If you see a crocodile's tail, it's blunt. Also, I think it should go on a diet!
One thing that bugs me most is the face. The black area below the eyes were supposed to be cool... now they become eye bags.
(Forum set is under construction)