Filters

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

What's your opinion on the filters?

I like or don't mind spelling/content filters.
21%
I like or don't mind spelling/content filters but want to know what they are.
35%
I don't mind spelling filters but am opposed to content filters.
35%
I don't mind content filters but am opposed to spelling filters.
No votes
I don't want any filters.
9%

Total votes: 68

dandelions
Lily Was Here

Filters

Post by dandelions »

By content filters, we mean things like "l<b></b>ol gets filtered to laugh out loud in order to prevent people using it where they really aren't laughing. It can still be used if necessary.". Action, reasonable substitute (not, say "I am a chatspeaking noob who isn't laughing"), and reason. Ignore the "no offense" filter because that wasn't actually still meant to be in place, and isn't now. If you can't tell how I'm saying l<b></b>ol, quote my post and then copy the way I'm doing it all you want.

By spelling filters, we mean things like you can't spell definitely with an a. They are all non-country specific- we do not change color to colour or anything like that.

Option 2 would mean a list of filtered words and their equivalents will be placed in the FAQ. Any current filters will remain in place and will be listed there.

We have no plans to filter swear words.

And now I am going to go and revise so I don't fail the exams in which I need to get a B minimum to go to university. Good-day.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

The poll's been up for almost a week now, and it's never changed from its initial majority, which was that people don't mind the filters. Especially considering that those against something are more likely to vote than people who "don't mind", this is fairly conclusive to me. This means that I will be putting all current filters into the FAQ, but I will not be removing any. L<b></b>OL will only be removed if I don't see it misused over the next three days.

In future, when you disagree with things we have done, would you please tell us sooner. This is mainly addressed to the people who don't like any filters: they've been in place since sometime in 2005.