White Page o'DOOM

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

White Page o'DOOM

Post by Kamil »

Is anyone besides me still getting blank pages every few refreshes? I'm trying to finish up a game of NQII, which is boring enough, all on its own, without every few refreshes ending in a solid white page.

It was horrible a week or so ago, and when I looked at the Neoboards it seemed everyone was experiencing it - then it got better, but never went away entirely. Now, it's not as bad as it was a week ago, but it's still annoying beyond the telling of it.

Fighting those damned focusing bunnies and healing faeries is tedious enough, without having to reload every third page. *stab*

Is it still happening to anyone besides me? I'm willing to think it might be something in my browser; I loaded a page a few days ago (looking for Daniel Radcliffe's new publicity shots ^^) that made norton flip out, and while I've since ran ewido and spybot several times I wonder if I might still have a bug hiding somewhere.

Thanks!
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm afraid it's something on your end Kamil. I've been playing Pyramids daily for the last two weeks and had no blank pages to speak of (maybe a few "Neopets is down for maintenance" every few days).

I do have a different problem on my end though. During last month or two everything on Neopets loaded fast and smoothly, except for Shop Wizard. Every wizard search took 2-3 seconds to complete. As of today Wizard is back to its normal fast self, but instead of it everything on explore map that has a name of a neopia area in it (faerieland, winter, desert, pirates...) loads slowly (same 2-3 seconds).

Before shop wizard problems started I had the same situation with everything under games section (it started the day they redone the games room). Have no idea what's going on there.

*a bit off topic - what guide are you using for NQII - I'd love to find a nice NQII guide for dummies with only essential info (I'm struggling to find in which order to distribute Mipsy's skill points). Something along the lines of <a href="http://www.digifort.com/idnq/index.php? ... 6">this</a>.
Last edited by zebru on 02 Feb 2007 02:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

This is all theory and no fact at all, but I think the white pages happen when the ad part has an error of some kind in it. It happens way less to me when I'm browsing "from another country".
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

FaerieInGrey wrote:This is all theory and no fact at all, but I think the white pages happen when the ad part has an error of some kind in it. It happens way less to me when I'm browsing "from another country".
*goes to change country* Annnd, I live in the Seychelles now - lovely weather we're having. :P

Thanks, Meghan, it can't hurt, yanno?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Are you sure you get different ads when you just change your country setting? I never noticed anything different, when I set my country to the US or anything else I still get german ads. I always thought the kind of ads you get was determined by your IP.
LΟL
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

(looking for Daniel Radcliffe's new publicity shots ^^)
Much as I think the Daily Mail isn't worth the characters used to print it, it does have a couple of his photos up on its site. Fairly good quality photos; just don't read the articles 'cause they're all xenophobic shit. Nothing below the waist but if <i>that's</i> what you're looking for then I'm not surprised your computer's protesting :P

As for blank pages...haven't noticed any.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Is your language set to German? You do get different ads, or sometimes none at all, depending on your country. I switched to Japan to remove the big ad in the middle of Pet Central. You also get to see whatever sponsor stuff, mainly games, is set for that country. Some of the weird sponsor stuff will actually require a certain isp, but most of it doesn't.

I haven't had a problem with blank pages either.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

My location is U.S. but I browse in Japanese, so I get Japanese ads. ^_^

And, also, no white pages.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Unfortunately I'm not bi-lingual so I must browse in English, but since I've reset my country to the Seychelles I've had almost no problems with blank pages.

I still have the occasional hanging page - but I'm sure that's something to do with the banner ad Firefox is nuking - you can see the page jump down and then back up. I suppose when business picks back up again I'll go back to premium, just to get rid of the annoyance. >.<

Thanks again, all, I appreciate the input. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.