checkers' behaviour

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

Personally I think that checkers has been a lot better lately. The only thing that really annoys me is that they seem to ask for every painted pet I put up on the adoptions board. Otherwise, they have made good progress recently.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

As far as checkers goes, I'm one of those people who doesn't go to any effort whatsoever to hide her dislike of people. I think it would be safe to say that he knows I don't like him, but it doesn't stop him posting on my petpet matching threads and complimenting me about achievements. Which really grates me.
Wow... you mean you're only supposed to congratulate people who like you now? I always thought that sharing in someone else's happiness was one of the nicest things you could do on a forum like this.

I'm not going to get involved in this question, since I'm not closely familiar with Checkers. (That doesn't mean I'm inviting him to talk to me more: while I have nothing against him personally, I've been burned too much that way already, something I only half regret.)

But I will say that I've been to a lot of forums where the number of times you've posted does count for something, and in many cases is the only factor in determining whether you're viewed as a "senior member". And I'll say from experience that it can be rather difficult to shake off that mentality, even once you've joined a forum where seniority is based on loyalty and reputation.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm not saying it's a rational feeling or indeed a good thing, but it doesn't stop me feeling that way. If I said anything else, I would have been lying.
checkers

Post by checkers »

clsimmons1985 wrote:Personally I think that checkers has been a lot better lately. The only thing that really annoys me is that they seem to ask for every painted pet I put up on the adoptions board. Otherwise, they have made good progress recently.
Thanks for the first part ^^

&& No I don't o.o I handpaint most of my pets I only ask for Fruit Chia, robot or pets that would fit into my side accounts theme (evil lair and an fyoras adoption house)
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Checkers, here's a suggestion. Instead of automatically getting defensive, listen to what people are telling you. Not listening is what has got you where you are in the first place. Look at Garrett, who got banned for similar offences to you; look at what people are saying are annoying them about you. Then try and change. If you do not wish to change, you will be very unpopular here.
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:
As far as checkers goes, I'm one of those people who doesn't go to any effort whatsoever to hide her dislike of people. I think it would be safe to say that he knows I don't like him, but it doesn't stop him posting on my petpet matching threads and complimenting me about achievements. Which really grates me.
Wow... you mean you're only supposed to congratulate people who like you now? I always thought that sharing in someone else's happiness was one of the nicest things you could do on a forum like this.
It seems more than a little meaningless when a person's told you "your art won't be missed" and then turns round and say "congrats!!!". Especially when they are presently notorious for simply posting for the sake of posting. If someone dislikes you and you can rise above it, that's a good thing; but if you insult them, then congratulate them, it appears entirely hollow.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Actually checkers can I ask a quick question? Do you have Asperger's or an autism spectrum disorder? I'm only asking because some of your responses to others in the forum remind me very strongly of an offline friend of mine who acts very much like you do online. I am in no way advocating using it as an excuse though, but it would clear things up. If not can you please try not to take criticisms as a personal attack? I used to be like that too, but I cleaned up my act long before I came to Neocolours. It's just some advice I'd like you to take, you are very much an asset, especially in the Arts board, at least I think so :).
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Okay - probably not very helpful but point of view time!

When I came back to the forum after my hiatus, I didn't post very much but went by what I remembered of the old forum rules. Meaning I broke some of the new ones, which the mods were happy to PM me about and go 'Hey Anna. It's nice to see you, but please don't do this.' I'd like to think they extended the same courtesy to checkers, as I consider the mods to be a pretty rad bunch.

Which is why I get a little bothered when Checkers talks back to them and goes on the defensive much like he did with FMD on the first page. Checkers can be pretty damn cool if he wants to be. I second what Jazzy said earlier - he just needs to listen a bit more and everything's gravy.

Also, I agree with what some of the others have said - some members do things that are out of line, but they aren't told off like a new member would be. It's pretty bothersome.

And, psst, Garrett? I like you -snugs- Needs to be established.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Yeah Checkers can sometimes be a bit annoying but then again there's been far worse people than him in the past. I do however feel that large parts of this thread are just rude and really do not set a nice tone for the forum. Also I'd say the aims of the original poster have been fulfilled, and I can't help but feel this board is just gonna get messy....

But hey, I hardly ever post and always seem to get the impression that the people on here either don't like me or are ambivalent towards me.