Browser Breakage Problem

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
gidget

Browser Breakage Problem

Post by gidget »

For about the last three days, Neocolours forums have been breaking my browser when I load threads. The only way to continue is to close with Windows Task Manager and reboot the browser.

It's not every thread and not every time I try to load a new one, but it is annoyingly often (about six times in the last couple of hours). It is also, only on this site that I'm having trouble.

The last time I had this trouble was when we started having problems with people's avies/siggies. I'm not certain that is the problem this time.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

It shouldn't be the av/sig script, because that's not running at the moment- when the forum got taken down, that one was lost and I didn't reinstate it after the problems it had with Imageshack and xs.to. I haven't actually made any changes to the forums in the last few days so it's either something on your end, or something an individual user's done (eg, having a signature that's very large).

Is it happening on specific threads or every single one?
gidget

Post by gidget »

It seems to happen randomly when opening threads. It will just stop loading the page and lock up the entire browser (Opera).

I haven't been able to tell a pattern of any particular posters whose images might be causing a problem. That's why I'm not certain that is the issue.

I'll continue to see if I can identify a pattern so we can get it fixed on whichever end the problem is occurring. I might also see if there is a more recent version of my browser, just in case this one is going buggy.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Can you try it in a different browser and see what happens? I have to admit I've never used Opera to post on NC properly, so can't say for certain it's fine with it (though I'd be very surprised if it wasn't working at all, because I had to test the new header/footer in it).