Probably a very silly question, but...

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Probably a very silly question, but...

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Does this forum have something against the word "centre" spelt the American way? Or is it something else?

I was trying to tell Jessi the solution to her centring problems, and would it go through? It kept shortening the tag to <div>, which was not what I wanted at all. If it was the HTML tags alone it objected to, you would have thought that either the tag brackets or the whole phrase would have gone.

For reference, how would I get such a thing through the filters in future?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It's a security thing, part of phpbb's own filters. I don't know if you can put it between code tags- that might work. And that's always better anyway, to disinguish code from any old text.
Neopets wishlists: here
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

You're not going to get things through the filters; they're set up on purpose so people can't apply attributes to tags. It's a security feature. Centre may not pose a danger to anyone- perhaps a minor irritation if the forum attempts to parse it and actually centre text- but things like onMouseover can, and it's easier to disallow all of them than to disallow them one by one.

Additionally, it's not me disabling them, it's the forum software, and to reenable them would require a rollback to an earlier version of the forums.