News poster election

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh. See? This is a meaning of blog I've never seen used before. Last I checked, blog was a shortened version of weblog, ie, something much like livejournal. Apparently the front page of the site is one of those new-fangled meanings of the term you kids are always making up. :P
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Kamil wrote:Oh. See? This is a meaning of blog I've never seen used before. Last I checked, blog was a shortened version of weblog, ie, something much like livejournal. Apparently the front page of the site is one of those new-fangled meanings of the term you kids are always making up. :P
Wikipedia wrote:A blog (short for web log) is a website where entries are made and displayed in a reverse chronological order. Blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of most early blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual although some focus on photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), or audio (podcasting), and are part of a wider network of social media.
I think my word usage was correct ;)
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Well, that news page is run on blog code, so it seems right to be called a blog I think. :P A lot of news/opinion pages are on blogs nowadays it seems..
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Eh, there's no reason to not have folks critique the new colours. I don't personally have very high hopes for the emotions poses they've promised us, but hey...if they're terrible, our bloggers can bash them.

As long as the people who applied to be news posters still want to do it, and as long as a reasonable number of NC people still want to read the posts, I say why not?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Aqua wrote:Well, that news page is run on blog code, so it seems right to be called a blog I think. :P A lot of news/opinion pages are on blogs nowadays it seems..
Yeah. I'd just never seen it used as such, and since I don't dwell on Wikipedia 24/7 (and mostly could care less about their moronic opinion of things, except when it's amusing to point and laugh at their definitions) I'd still never seen news posts referenced as such.

But, whatever. Carry on, as long as it's amusing to some I could care less. I voted 'none of the above', so none of it matters to me beyond my confuzzlement over the term and its usage. :P
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I must admit only one or two of the news posters really impressed me any great deal; it'll be interesting to see whether other people agree or disagree with me. I look forward to seeing the final stats, and good luck to everyone who entered!

How many news posters will we get? Or will you decide based on how the numbers pan out?
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I've planned for three, but if there's a tie for the third place it'll be four.